New integration: Energy monitoring device Circutor Wibeee

I have the same problem, now doesn’t work, and with the new core 2021_08 this integration is very interesting

Hi! Could you describe how did you upgrade the firmware of your wibeee?
I have 4.4.150 and no access to .xml. I would like to upgrade the firmware.
Thank you very much!

Can’t really be sure, as the option disappeared after the upgrade.
But it was on the WebGui: home.wibeee.com.

Then, after that, I’m not sure. Try pressing the house on the left upper corner.
If that’s not it, try checking the “Meters” option.
Didn’t you received a msg over the app, when opening it up, on your phone, or logging in into the WebGui?

since i updated my wibeee to version fw: 4.4.150, the integration doesn’t work. every time I restart wibeee, it works for a few minutes and then since updating. through ip/en/status.xml, the same thing happens. for a few minutes the data appears and then the page goes down

on the home.wibeee.com website, the correct data appears

for everyone’s information, here is the answer from wibeee tech support:

“ Efectivamente detectamos un bug en el firmware 4.4.150 que hace que tras varias peticiones XML el dispositivo no responde correctamente y debe ser reiniciado para que se vuelva a cargar correctamente. Este bug se corrige con la nueva versión de firmware 4.4.157 que será lanzada a lo largo de esta semana.”

1 Like

Hello, I updated the integration based on @abacao 's earlier work including a few small improvements and then added the required changes to allow the sensors to be used with the new Home Energy Management from 2021.8.8.

It is available as a custom repository to use with HACS and the current version is 2.1.0.

Next I will add some examples there of how to create total consumption and grid feed-in sensors (for those with solar or other generation) to use with Energy Management as I think it’s not very obvious how to set this up.

Introducing configurable scan_interval is also on my list as I would like higher than 15s resolution if the device can handle it.

1 Like

Will try your implementation.

Be aware that even 15s interval, is quite aggressive to the wibee hardware.

1 Like

I’m still having the same problem “entity not available”, with Wibeee, when starting HA.

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: custom_components/wibeee/sensor.py:180
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:03:29 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:03:29

Error while setting up wibeee platform for sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 249, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/config/custom_components/wibeee/sensor.py", line 101, in async_setup_platform
    await wibeee_data.set_sensors()
  File "/config/custom_components/wibeee/sensor.py", line 180, in set_sensors
    resp = await self.session.get(self.url_api)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/client.py", line 544, in _request
    await resp.start(conn)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/client_reqrep.py", line 890, in start
    message, payload = await self._protocol.read()  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/streams.py", line 604, in read
    await self._waiter
aiohttp.client_exceptions.ServerDisconnectedError: Server disconnected

Any ideias?

Ps. Irony of it, still appears at “home”, through the Asus router integration on HA. And, obviously the APP and WebGui are working fine.

@Ostracizado in my local testing the device (with firmware 4.4.124) can return bad responses containing invalid XML and even what looks like two separate HTTP responses mixed together, which obviously the hass_wibeee component is not able to handle.

When this happens during start-up and because there are no retries the component will not initialise properly in HA and will require another restart (and praying that it doesn’t happen again). Making this more robust by adding some retries will be my next focus as I think this will improve reliability a lot.

In the meantime I have added better error logging in version 2.2.1 as this will allow for meaningful error reports and with troubleshooting. The current logging is too generic.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a pity as I do like this device. But the randomness of it, with Hass, really becomes a liability to collect data…
Oh, using firmware 4.4.155, by the way.

Even now, with all apparently working ok - the readings are appearing and are precise - there are still errors, while starting the Ha:

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: custom_components.wibeee.sensor
Source: custom_components/wibeee/sensor.py:243
Integration: wibeee (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 9:32:28 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:32:28

unexpected exception for get http://192.168.2.111:80/en/status.xml

Source: custom_components/wibeee/sensor.py:240
First occurred: 9:29:43 (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:42:42

ServerDisconnectedError: Server disconnected
ClientResponseError: 400, message='invalid constant string', url=URL('http://192.168.2.111:80/en/status.xml')
TimeoutError:

Or weird ones like this:

Source: custom_components/wibeee/sensor.py:219
First occurred: 9:29:23 (45 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:29:23

Unable to create WibeeeSensor Entities for key fase3_thd_ar7_V and value 0.00
Unable to create WibeeeSensor Entities for key fase3_thd_ar9_V and value 0.00
Unable to create WibeeeSensor Entities for key scale and value 60
Unable to create WibeeeSensor Entities for key coilStatus and value -
Unable to create WibeeeSensor Entities for key ground and value 0.00

Unable to create WibeeeSensor Entities error is a problem in the wibeee component that is fixed in release 2.2.1 of my fork.

The other errors come from bad responses from the device. Per @Abruzzi04 's comment above Wibeee say they are fixing this in the latest firmware and I can see that 4.4.157 is already available on their servers but I haven’t seen the option to update yet. I sent a question to support about the latest firmware.

try on the app wibeee business. sometimes appears there first

2 Likes

@Ostracizado and others, I’ve just released version 2.2.2 of GitHub - luuuis/hass_wibeee: Home Assistant: Wibeee (and Mirubee) energy monitor custom component< with retries of failed requests to the Wibeee device (timeouts or invalid responses).

This has worked well for me in local testing. If there is an error the component can recover without needing to wait for the next scan. I have been running with scan_interval: 10 for over a week now with no troubles but I think I should be able to take this down to scan_interval: 5 with this improvement.

The custom component will now retry up to 10 times during initialisation to ensure that HA does not start with the component disabled. During normal operation I believe 3 retries are sufficient.

Feedback appreciated.

1 Like

I don’t know if it was with this update, but I haven’t had problems starting the component. Sometimes I had to do several server restarts for the component to boot without errors.

However I have two three-phase Wibeee meters fw 4.4.155, one to measure consumption and one to measure solar output. So that the two meters were integrated, I duplicated the sensor in configuration.yaml (different and fixed IPs), then I duplicated the folders and files that are in custom_componentes, having given the folder another name (the same as the one configured in the configuration. yaml). Type wibeee_sol and wibeee_cons.

Apparently everything works fine, maybe not the best implementation.

I appreciate suggestions.

If you had to restart then that is a problem. :slight_smile: But it’s no longer required since version 2.2.2.

Multiple device support is in the works, I have a proof of concept but I have to work out some details of how to make it backward compatible for current users (but in your case with the renamed component I’m not sure that would be possible).

I have a wibeee 3P with firmware 4.4.104 and since a month ago the power meter has started to fail. The problem detected is that every so often, randomly the total energy meter decreases (small peaks) in the three phases and the result is that at the end of the day I have a consumption error of 2 or 3 Kw/h.

I was thinking of updating firmware to see if the problem is solved, but I can’t find the option on the web, can you tell me how to update the firmware?

The restart is due to the second sensor (the consumption meter). It is the second defined in the configuration file (configuration.yaml). Usually the first one starts well. As I have two sensors and meters, that could be why. The implementation is not prepared for two meters. It was my invention. With two restarts is usually fine.
Good to know you are working on an implementation for two meters / sensors. It seems to me that there are many people who will appreciate this work. Good luck.

Hello everyone, I am very grateful for your contributions. I have a small problem, I have two wibee home devices but I only see 4 channels instead of 5. I see correctly the 3 of the first meter. The problem is in the second meter, I see channel 2 but I do not see channel 1 of the second meter. To say that from the Wibeee app I see it correctly, I have already been working perfectly for a couple of years. Greetings and see if you can come up with something. Thanks

Have any of you been able to integrate Wibeee home in the new “ENERGY” tab of Home Assistant ??.
best regards

Thank for the suggestion. I was able to upgrade de device with wibeee business app ;)