New integration: Energy monitoring device Circutor Wibeee

@Ostracizado and others, I’ve just released version 2.2.2 of GitHub - luuuis/hass_wibeee: Home Assistant: Wibeee (and Mirubee) energy monitor custom component< with retries of failed requests to the Wibeee device (timeouts or invalid responses).

This has worked well for me in local testing. If there is an error the component can recover without needing to wait for the next scan. I have been running with scan_interval: 10 for over a week now with no troubles but I think I should be able to take this down to scan_interval: 5 with this improvement.

The custom component will now retry up to 10 times during initialisation to ensure that HA does not start with the component disabled. During normal operation I believe 3 retries are sufficient.

Feedback appreciated.

1 Like

I don’t know if it was with this update, but I haven’t had problems starting the component. Sometimes I had to do several server restarts for the component to boot without errors.

However I have two three-phase Wibeee meters fw 4.4.155, one to measure consumption and one to measure solar output. So that the two meters were integrated, I duplicated the sensor in configuration.yaml (different and fixed IPs), then I duplicated the folders and files that are in custom_componentes, having given the folder another name (the same as the one configured in the configuration. yaml). Type wibeee_sol and wibeee_cons.

Apparently everything works fine, maybe not the best implementation.

I appreciate suggestions.

If you had to restart then that is a problem. :slight_smile: But it’s no longer required since version 2.2.2.

Multiple device support is in the works, I have a proof of concept but I have to work out some details of how to make it backward compatible for current users (but in your case with the renamed component I’m not sure that would be possible).

I have a wibeee 3P with firmware 4.4.104 and since a month ago the power meter has started to fail. The problem detected is that every so often, randomly the total energy meter decreases (small peaks) in the three phases and the result is that at the end of the day I have a consumption error of 2 or 3 Kw/h.

I was thinking of updating firmware to see if the problem is solved, but I can’t find the option on the web, can you tell me how to update the firmware?

The restart is due to the second sensor (the consumption meter). It is the second defined in the configuration file (configuration.yaml). Usually the first one starts well. As I have two sensors and meters, that could be why. The implementation is not prepared for two meters. It was my invention. With two restarts is usually fine.
Good to know you are working on an implementation for two meters / sensors. It seems to me that there are many people who will appreciate this work. Good luck.

Hello everyone, I am very grateful for your contributions. I have a small problem, I have two wibee home devices but I only see 4 channels instead of 5. I see correctly the 3 of the first meter. The problem is in the second meter, I see channel 2 but I do not see channel 1 of the second meter. To say that from the Wibeee app I see it correctly, I have already been working perfectly for a couple of years. Greetings and see if you can come up with something. Thanks

Have any of you been able to integrate Wibeee home in the new “ENERGY” tab of Home Assistant ??.
best regards

Thank for the suggestion. I was able to upgrade de device with wibeee business app ;)

Yes, using my fork (linked above) where I’ve applied the required state_class and device_class attributes on the sensors.

Those without Solar power production can use the sensor called sensor.wibeee_phase4_active_energy directly, otherwise follow the examples in https://github.com/luuuis/hass_wibeee/blob/ac3d2701356a17c7272e094b5d90e3d857ce4706/SENSOR_EXAMPLES.md to set up grid import/export sensors.

luuuis, is this suggestion for me? To use both meters (production and consumption)?
Thanks

Sorry, I was replying to this comment above regarding the Energy tab. The examples that I linked to above show how to configure the production and consumption sensors using my fork of the custom component.

Could you share what energy monitor and the firmware version that you are running successfully with this custom component? Thanks

I was finally able to integrate it.
I am using the Home Assistant Energy monitor.
The firmware of the two Wibeee devices is 4.4.134.
I just saw today that there is a new firmware version but at the moment I am not going to update.
Best regard

1 Like

For those interested in using multiple Wibeee devices I have made Release v3.0.0-beta.0 · luuuis/hass_wibeee · GitHub, which adds a unique_id to all entities. This means the entity id can be changed, the entity can be added to a zone and so forth.

Note: upon seeing the unique_id Home Assistant will consider these to be new entities and the old Wibeee entities will become unavailable. Configuring the integration with unique_id: false suppresses the unique id but also doesn’t allow multiple devices to be used.

You need to select Show Beta in HACS to be able to update to this beta version.

1 Like

Thank you luuuis for your interest in putting the integration to work with one or more meters. I haven’t tested it yet, I’m preparing a test installation. Smilics will change the cloud where the data is, will change it to WIBEEE NEST, you know if the integration will be compatible.

Thanks

This integration does not use Cloud APIs, it is doing Local Polling so should not be affected by those changes. Only if you upgrade the firmware on the device could those APIs possibly be affected.

https://smilics.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FAQS3/overview?fbclid=IwAR2o3D95_z1erCERZRLHVeKhVnc8K8qOe5VNUTl8ttDQYC5Gp0M1mPsLkrw

I don’t know how to get the beta version into HACS, can you help?

Try this:
FAQ5: Enable beta in HACS · StyraHem/ShellyForHASS Wiki · GitHub

I can’t find the integration in HACS. Isn’t the name I have to look up Wibeee? I only find “Wibeee - abacao”