New integration for REMKO Heatpump

Hi,

I have running at home a REMKO Heatpump WKF-Compact. There is currently no integration for Home Assistant. So I have created a very basic integration. It read a few sensors. Also, you can modify settings using the rest_commands.

I have a few specific cases I want to switch to standby the heating/cooling mode. For example, in case a door has been opened for a certain time or the energy price is very expensive at a given moment.

So I have shared my code so you can create a similar dashboard like below:

Also, I have documented the rest_command so you can also switch between modes.

You can find the code and documentation in my repository: GitHub - jovana/remko-heat-pump: remko.de SmartControl - API

If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know!

Have Fun!

2 Likes

Hi Jo.
Thanks for doing lots of excellent work. I had been looking for a REMKO integration for a while.
I have installed the files from Github and with some tweaks got it to work.
At first it gave errors, but I seem to have resolved them now.

• Had to rename the folder to remko_heatpump (and not remko_heat_pump), as on Github
  • Had to modify init.py and remko.py to include a ā€˜.ā€™ before const
  • Had to modify sensor.py to include ā€˜.ā€™ before ā€˜remkoā€™ and ā€˜constā€™
  • In const.py had to change to;
    DOMAIN: str = ā€œremko_heatpumpā€
    BASE_API_URL: str = ā€œhttp://xxx.xxx.xx.xxā€

Now the sensors show up nicely.

I would like to also control the heat-pump with some commands, but here it gets a bit technical?
How did you get to your Status of DHW and Heating toggle-buttons in the dashboard? Did you make several rest commands that you call? And how do you transfer the status with the command?
Many thanks
Rolf

1 Like

I am also quite interested where you got the code table from, there are some commands Iā€™d like to give to the WKF as well, like do a SWW (party mode).
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Cool you are using my code! It was a struggle to have it working. Also good feedback on the fixes I will update this in the repro. I have also a newer version running myself not that much changes but more or less optimizations. I will update this in the repo.

About the toggel switches I have created rest_commands for this. I will share examples in the repo for this.

Last week I have changes a bit on turning on and off for cooling and heating per floor. I figured out the honywell zone manager I have takes up quit a bit of power when the valves are open.

Will update you later this weekšŸ’Ŗ

I have found the codes by reverse engineering the cgi api on the remko interface. I have created the tables from this information. Remko.de does not give any help on this probably the even donā€™f understand what we are doing.

I donā€™t understand what the sww party mode is but I know and can find the codes for you. I will publish this also in the update.

Did you already check this page: Create rest_command for management by Home Assistant Ā· jovana/remko-heat-pump Wiki Ā· GitHub

After adding this you can use the rest_commands in your automations.

If you missing something let me know and I will update this also.

Okay, I have updated the repo. Small fixes. The only thing I have changed is the PowerConsumptionSensor so you can create a power consumption item on your energy dashboard.
Go to helpers and add a new ā€œRiemann sum integral sensorā€. After that, you can add as additional device to the energy dashboard.

Hi Jo,
Iā€™m new to HA, and am probably making a trivial mistake in getting your Remko Heatpump integration working on our WKF100. All sensors report 0 or N/A valuesā€¦
Could it be the API or codes have changed? Iā€™m running version 4.27.

I also get ā€œint() canā€™t convert non-string with explicit baseā€ errors on the RemkoHeatpump().api_request calls that expect a numeric result:

• RequestedWatertankTempSensor,
  • PowerConsumptionSensor,
  • CurrentWatertankTempSensor,
  • CurrentOutsideTemperatureSensor,
  • CurrentHeatingCircuitTemperatureSensor,
  • CurrentHeatingWaterTemperatureSensor.
    I resolved the error by casting the call to str (ie. str(RemkoHeatpump().api_request(<api code>))

Ho Jan,

I dont have version 4.27.
Can you confirm you get a response if you go to the address: http://BASE_API_URL/cgi-bin/webapi.cgi (check your ip address).

Sometimes (if ha just start) it does not give any results so this errorā€™s can occur a few times a day in the logs. I think the remko interface is not quick enough.

Hi Jo,
I do have the Remko browserinterface (http://BASE_API_URL) but no response on the webapi.cgi.

Can you check your browser console log ā†’ network to find out what path the web interface is connecting?

Je wil see something like the below image.

Probably the newer version has a new webapi path.

This is a good blog if you need help on accessing your developer tools in your browser: Accessing the Browser Console and Network Logs - HappyFox Support

Hi Jo,
I hope this is what you mean:

and this (same screen but selected another row):

Hi Jan,

Sorry for the delay, very busy these dayā€™s.
It seems like you have a newer or other system. I will send you a DM about this.

Jo

Hi @Jovana, @jan59 ,

did you have a update on this issue? It looks like I am facing the same issue as Jan with another version and no access to the CGI via URL.

Thanks

Hi,

I did not receive any updates from Jan about this.
The problem we have now is the version I have running in my REMKO unit is older, so it seems there is a newer endpoint I donā€™t know of. REMKO doesnā€™t have any test software or demo versions available so I can not troubleshoot on the API connector.

I have asked to update my system to the latest version, but no response jet.

BTW is one thing you can try, but not sure if this is working:
Change the URL from http://BASE_API_URL/cgi-bin/webapi.cgi to http://BASE_API_URL/ucresponse.cgi

If I am changing it to:
http://BASE_API_URL/cgi-bin/ucresponse.cgi I receive a long number:
27DCE533202218C0A8B23D2104001C0027F1FD874D40F69CBA9624BC274C9A2880342878DB3BCB

I modified this URL in the remko.py file. Do I need to trigger the integration to see the sensors?

But the Sensor showing just ā€œ0ā€ as the value coming back. Any idea what I can test to troubleshoot and test?

@Jovana Any hint on how I can troubleshoot and test?

I have the same issue my software is on version 4.26.

Did you figure it out?