New Neato Integration Installation Guide (OAuth2 for HA version 2021.1)

Yes, I’m having the same issue. I specifically bought a Neato vacuum because the Home Assistant support was so good. I didn’t realize the D8 wasn’t fully supported, though. I contacted support at the Developer Network, but they couldn’t provide any guidance. Actually, they said they’d take my information and follow up within an hour, but that was 2 days ago.

“Ok,i will have to escalate further to my colleagues to check where is the issue and i will send you an email with the details in the next hour”

Here’s hoping for an integration. I can help out however needed.

I just went through the same process. It looks like Neato created a totally separate app, user database, etc., but skipped the website and developer network. I’m trying to get an answer as to if it’s planned to open the dev network up to the new models. I’m fairly disappointed, it seems like they’ve crippled the new line in more ways than this…

1 Like

I have a case opened with Neato. Their customer support seems to be really responsive in communications. Let’s hope they can do something about support for the D8.

2 Likes

Same boat over here. Neato’s response to my “where’s the API” query on Twitter:

At the moment we’re not able offer any insight on API availability for the future. We apologize for this inconvenience and hope you enjoy your new D10!

@dshokouhi - would a packet capture help? I’d need some guidance on the workflows to trigger, but I’d be happy to do so if it would help the cause.

if it does not use the existing neato API then there is nothing we can do for the existing integration

Understood - was thinking it would help a ‘needed investigation for a new integration’.

That was a bit more specific than the answer I received, which was,

“Probably this feature it will be in a future update.”

I have the same issue. Bought a D10 because I read that it has a good HA integration. I now understand that it is not possible to use the existing API with the D10. That’s a pity. I believe we just have to wait until the D10 is supported by the API.

Received this from Neato support. No good news…

Dear Tom-Roger​,

Thank you for contacting Neato Robotics support.
This is confirmation of your ticket number 11xxxxx for the issue with your robot.

Currently there is no expected time or date to expect this integration, it has been escalated with our Team already and are aware of this enhancement request for our robot’s. Once we see an update or an expected release for the API I will follow up with you via email with update.

You can reply to this email or contact us via details listed on our support page: Customer care – Neato Robotics
Thank you for being part of the Neato family!
Best Regards,

Oisin
Neato Brand Ambassador

Hi All,
I was wondering if you can give me some guidance, I note that the newer models are no longer supported due a new API how do the old users stand? I have an D6 and a far as I can tell that still using the old API?

HA now reports that my model is not supported? why this is not a new model.

Regards

Have you got this solved? I have a D7 which use to work just fine and now I get The redirect uri included is not valid error…

Hi,

I have got a different Problem with the connection.
In my last instance the integration worked fine (Botvac D6), now I have changed my hardware and started a new Instance. So I did what I did before.
When I clicked on the link from the integration page, the redirection URL was invalid. I used the external url with https, tried different browsers and a different Homeassistant Instance, made different apps and changed everything i could think of. Same Problem. At last, I realized, that the URL, that opened the Neato Developer side for the oauth contains [..]redirect_uri=https://my.home-assistant.io/redirect/oauth[..].
Shouldn’t this be different? If I change it manually, the auth page starts but than 404 Warning. What did I miss in my configurations?
Thank you

OK,
Tried some ther things. I made a new Neato account, connected the vaccuum and removed every entry out of application_credentials and configuration.yaml, because I found in my logs, that this ist not the way. I also installed a new browser and only tried it with this homeassistant instance and the new neato account. no luck still wrong url

Got the same error - worked until today. Didnt update or anything, but just shut down my HA… once reopened, this error came " The redirect uri included is not valid. "

Tried to delete all API´s on the neato page, but no luck. created a new token, restarted HA after configuration were made.

Just sad this…

Have you tried the fixes proposed in the following discussion:
Neato Integration needs to be reconfigured after updating HA from 2020.12.1 to 2021.1.1 ?!? - Configuration - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

1 Like

Hello,

I came here to say the same thing. I’ve been having trouble with my neatos for days and I am receiving the same url redirect error. I posted this in the discord channel because I’m suspicious the work that was done around OAuth on 6/7/2022 has something to do with this: OAuth application credentials for the Neato integration via the UI error · Issue #72989 · home-assistant/core · GitHub. I didn’t go to some of the extremes some of you have gone through to try to force a new URL (although I understand why) but I removed the instance of neato, restarted, and tried to add a new one and I got the same error (same as you). I had neato running since dec/jan timeframe under the old integration. After the release, everything looked ported correctly and was working for several days and then at some point it just started throwing errors in the last 2-ish weeks.

Have you noticed that the changes in 2022.6 require a different redirect url to be entered in the Neato app in their developer portal? I needed to change it because the integration could not refresh the old token. After that it worked for me without changes to HA. I could simply press reconfigure again.

According to the new docs the redirect url to supply in the developer portal should now be:

https://my.home-assistant.io/redirect/oauth

And maybe you should also check in the same browser if the oauth redirect is properly setup to go to your Home assistant instance:

3 Likes

I noticed it at the exact time you posted this and I have them both up and running. It wasn’t clear to me that I had to go into my neato dev account and adjust the redirect. It should’ve been (the redirect was in a box directly below the neato dev account hyperlink) but I didn’t think to put those two together because I haven’t been in that account in so long. Everything works!

2 Likes

This made no difference for me. Still get the "The redirect uri included is not valid. " error.

I am getting the same error as well now.
I have recreated the app in the dev portal with the latest redirect url, but still no luck.
The pwd are updated and my HA is reachable from the internet.
What can the issue be?