New pi 3b+ supported?

That’s the same sequence for me

I tried like 4 PSU’s. No difference at all. My current PI 3B is working fine with the SD Card and PSU’s. So I think there is a compability issue with it at the moment. Let’s just wait for a update. Gives me at the same time a chance to reinstall the thing freshly. Can anybody point out how to make a backup and hassle free restore it on a freshly installed system?

EDIT:

Check these URL’s

Hassbian Pi 3B+ instructions

Github (Pi 3B+ Hassbian Image)

I have the same problem red LED is blinking. I check different PSUs, cables, SD cards and image (Raspian) - it seems that Hassio is not supported yet.

I’m assuming everyone already knows but the pi3+ does draw more power and requires at least 2.5 amps with 5/5.1 volts

Yes, I’m using the official Pi3 PSU @ +5.1V/2.5A

I also have the official power supply and Raspberry 3B+ just get the red flashing power led

I have new pi 3B+.
Old pi runs HA, new does not.

First, I just take SD card and put it in new pi. Nothing.
Then I took new sd, copy HA with Fetcher. Nothing.

Openhabian runs without problem on new Pi.

Hi, let’s suppose it works, and it will. How do I move my HA from Raspberry 2 to 3 ? Any easy way ? We have the Snapshots. It’s just installing on Rasp3+ abd recover the snapshot ? Will it recover all the Add-ons ?

I have a lot of configurations and I do not want to make them again.

Thanks for the help

Thats meant to be how it works. but you do have to wait for the Hassio for RP3b+ image to be rebuilt.

Does anyone have any idea how much longer it will take for Hass.io to support RP3b+? I want to start with home assistant, and if it will take another while I would just use Hassbian. However, if the updated Hass.io is being released really soon, I would wait.

3 Likes

I switched SD cards and restored a snapshot and it was perfect. I also recently switched to a USB stick and the snapshot restored perfectly except I was getting database errors. I deleted the database and it’s running perfectly again now.
It will recover not only the addons, settings etc but also your SSL certificate if there is one.

Hi David, thanks for your answer. I imagine that one has to install Hassio, right ?

yes - snapshots only work with Hassio.

i have the same thing, just blinking red light :frowning: darn it it will have to go into my drawer alongside the tinkerboard

Hopefully Hass.io will be compatible with RPI3B+ soon.
Is it even being worked on atm? eta?

Well it seems the update has been committed but not released yet, not sure why though?

I wrote to him few days ago and asked him when will be the new version of Hass.io, but he didn’t answer to me :confused: So we have to wait.

ResinOS now supports the RPi 3B+ as of v2.12.5

However the Hass.io image is based off ResinOS v1.3 so until the OS is updated Hass.io does not support this new model.

Great news! Thanks for information.

Still waiting. Gave my old Pi to friend. My Project is in Limbo…