NEW Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

I am using a new official raspberry pi power supply.

Got home tonight and I can ssh in, I can access my sub camera running through motion, but home assistant is not running.

The error said something about ‘signal’, but I can’t find any information on this…

You are right, I inserted sd card with hassio installed in Rasp pi 3 B + and green LED is not blinking at all.

What should we do in order resolve this issue?

Thanks

I use Hassbian with the latest Pi since a week and it works perfectly @seamus65
Try maybe to install another OS, and if it’s locking as well, it would prove that it’s not Hassbian s fault, and return the Pi to the shop.

If you can share the actual error message, it might be possible for somebody to help, With a single word out of it though… :man_shrugging:

Sorry, I was away from my computer:

Apr 4 10:38:14 hassbian systemd[1]: [email protected]: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
Apr 4 10:38:14 hassbian systemd[1]: [email protected]: Unit entered failed state.
Apr 4 10:38:14 hassbian systemd[1]: [email protected]: Failed with result ‘signal’.
Apr 4 10:38:14 hassbian systemd[1]: [email protected]: Main process exited, code=killed, status=4/ILL
Apr 4 10:38:14 hassbian systemd[1]: [email protected]: Unit entered failed state.
Apr 4 10:38:14 hassbian systemd[1]: [email protected]: Failed with result ‘signal’.

That seems to be the message in the log whenever I have problems…

got same problems here:

Hope HA launch the image for your Raspberry Pi 3 model B+ very soon.

But, I’m using layest hassbian image on rpi3b+ no hass.io

That’s a bad sign. If you installed Hassbian 1.3.2 then I’d suggest you open an issue.

Issue opened.

It’s my first time opening an issue and I am away from home, but hopefully I have put in enough information.

I just got new raspberry pi 3 model b+ and works well with hassbian and raspbian.

Out of interest, I’m using Zwave devices with a Z-Stick USB dongle - to move from Pi3B to the Pi3B+, is it really as simple as “moving the SD card from one to the other”?

Yes, that’s basically all it comes down to. Just make sure that the OS is up to date and it should work fine. (And if you have DHCP assigned by MAC address, change that too)

I have Z-wave devices too, with an older Aeon labs Z-wave stick, all my devices worked as before.

Thanks! I guess all that would be needed is a rpi-update after…

Any noticeable differences in performance etc since moving to the 3B+?

Make sure to update your Raspbian to the latest version before moving to RPi3+ . The + model needs a recent Raspbian version. Don’t know about Hassbian though.

thanks for the heads up!

Make sure you are using raspbian whick works fine with home assistant and alsso has vnc support.
it is just for info

No need for VNC support in most cases. Only if you’re slowing down your Raspberry Pi with a full local GUI would you need it.

1 Like

okay but when you are outside of youy home then how can you see that wheather the pi is working or not

yep defintely pi 3 will support that hassio