NEW Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

I just got new raspberry pi 3 model b+ and works well with hassbian and raspbian.

Out of interest, I’m using Zwave devices with a Z-Stick USB dongle - to move from Pi3B to the Pi3B+, is it really as simple as “moving the SD card from one to the other”?

Yes, that’s basically all it comes down to. Just make sure that the OS is up to date and it should work fine. (And if you have DHCP assigned by MAC address, change that too)

I have Z-wave devices too, with an older Aeon labs Z-wave stick, all my devices worked as before.

Thanks! I guess all that would be needed is a rpi-update after…

Any noticeable differences in performance etc since moving to the 3B+?

Make sure to update your Raspbian to the latest version before moving to RPi3+ . The + model needs a recent Raspbian version. Don’t know about Hassbian though.

thanks for the heads up!

Make sure you are using raspbian whick works fine with home assistant and alsso has vnc support.
it is just for info

No need for VNC support in most cases. Only if you’re slowing down your Raspberry Pi with a full local GUI would you need it.

1 Like

okay but when you are outside of youy home then how can you see that wheather the pi is working or not

yep defintely pi 3 will support that hassio

By connecting to Home Assistant perhaps?

1 Like

i am telling that we can run the home assistant through raspbian so we can easily moniter the automation at any time anywhere
is there any option to moniter the home assiatant excpt vnc

Well yeah… if you install duckdns and letsencrypt it’s the same when out and about as it is on your network at home…
Or if you’re paranoid and dont want to do that use a VPN on your device to connect to your router and again, full access (if your router has a VPN server). Burdening the Pi with VNC just for this isn’t a great idea.

1 Like

ya okay david sir will try that duckdns and letsencrypt

Could it be you mix up VPN with VNC?

1 Like

vnc works with internet & local when you put vpn to raspberry pi it qill also works fine and secure

Since I am a beginner I am opting for hass.io. I havent been able to tell when support is expected though.

Sure, but why should I install and run a Remote Desktop service for a desktop-less server-appliance that can be fully controlled by SSH and while the main (and often) only application has a web-interface?

But - let’s end it here, it’s off-topic.

3 Likes

okay done we can use ssh its safe and secure

Any news on how long will it be before HASS.io suppots the new HW :slight_smile: i am running on i PI version 1 and it is so slow and have a 3 B+ ready to go. :slight_smile:

6 Likes