NEW Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

Personally, I would hold out for HassOS on the 3B+
But in the mean time I’m running Hassio on a 3B :slight_smile: but I have far too many hangin about hah!

Yeah I’d wait for Hassos for 3B+ and use hassio on 3 for now

About the lightning bolt:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/warning-icons.md

HassOS? You mean docker image (the only HassOS reference I was able to google)? Sorry for such noob questions :wink:

ResinOS is going to be replaced by hassOS

Thank you! Any estimates, places I can read up a bit on it (other than the official page I already visited :))?

I use dale3h installer for 3B+ https://github.com/dale3h/hassio-installer/ and it works like a charm :slight_smile: Thank you very much!

tried the above script a few times, keeps getting docker install fails.

Could not resolve host: download.docker.com
“unable to locate package docker-ce”

??
Initially i got a lot of installs, so the script did something?

Anyone with the same problem??

Now that it’s officially supported as of the 11th of July, can anyone confirm if there’s any real world benefits to the 3b+? Any noticable speed increase in the interface/cameras

I’ve come to ask the same thing.
Is it worth an upgrade

I no longer use then for HA but do have them in multiple other projects including the PC set up I am using to write this response. I can say that overall there is not a dramatic, noticeable speed increase as far as the processor goes (believe it it 200 Mhz faster by default) but my main reason for purchasing was the newer WiFi capabilities. If you have a solid working system and do not need the enhances WiFi features then I would not recommend upgrading. That being said, I have read elsewhere that you can just utilize the same SD card between the 2 versions (B/B+) so it may be an easy try.

Reference please to B+ being officially supported now?
I need to make a decision whether to cance B+ order or not…

Did the install yesterday. All went well. 3B+ now is supported

Have you noticed any difference from the b+ speed increase? Any speed difference in the interface from upgrading to the b+?

For me I found no different on boot time to startup HA. Even with no db. I use with Hassbian.

Found that raspbian is a little bit faster to start HA.

hi
I did not understand
Does raspberry pi 3 b + works with now home assistent?
What image should I download?
Is this the usual hass.io found on the install page?

Yes, the regular Hassio image should work.

trying the default settings on a new Pi, with a new image, no setup yet, but it halts after telling me power management is disabled and IPv6 …link i not ready.

any suggestions ?

if i click the enter key, I get a Hassio login prompt… what to enter?

well, instead of hassio.local:8123, enter the ip -address:8123 et voila, there is the new HassOs install. cool.