New Roborock S5 Max Vacuum Cleaner

No, your choice.
If not ingrated into HA is a big item for you, don’t do it.
Otherwhise it is a supurb vacuumcleaner and I’m very happy with it.

I got my S5 Max a few days ago and have successfully integrated it into HA.

Just wondering if there is anyway from within HA to control water levels for the mopping?

I’ve also found, if I set the vacuum power to “customize” it shows as “106” in HA. The other power settings show up correctly. I would like to be able to set the “customize” power setting via HA.

Any thoughts?

Hi, all s5 max on the way. Read the entire thread. One thing I do not understand yet about “getting the token” is if I need to “register somewhere”? Do I need to install an adroid app? Or windows app or other? And is that really needed? Can I delete that app afterwards and keep using the HA integration? In other words, can I attach the s5 via a separate ip subnet from my home network with internet access to home assistant without registering on a chinese cloud?

Thanks in advance for answering possibly stupid questions.

Yes, in the Mi Home app you have to create an account.

Yes. The Mi Home app. AFAIK, there is no Windows app.

Yup! Can’t register or activate the vacuum without it (which is REALLY stupid, but it is what it is).

Nope. If the vacuum can’t connect to the Xiaomi servers, it won’t be able to be controlled via either HA or the app.

What you can do though, is install Valetudo on it. For the S5 max, you have to connect to it via uart, though.

https://valetudo.cloud/pages/general/rooting-instructions.html
https://builder.dontvacuum.me/s5e-cheatsheet.txt

1 Like

Thanks for replying!

Hm… if I have added the S5 max to wifi it can connect to the server though? Do I really need to keep an app on my phone? really? prefer not to…

Valutedo? I that a custom firmware thing alike?

1 Like

You don’t have to have the app on your phone after you setup the vacuum, but you won’t be able to create zones, virtual walls, or any of those things (that I know of) without it.

It is and it’s fantastic. No reporting to any external (Chinese) servers and better features (imho). I have the S5 (non-max), so my install was a lot easier. But, it’s worth it.

And If I would do this would I still need that app? But then without a chinese server?

Nope. No app needed. Just a webbrowser (or HA):

Oh… why is this possible!?

The fact it comes via Ali, warranty is sh*t does not necessarily mean I should immediately flash the firmware and possibly brick it :slight_smile:

1 Like

On getting the token, it’s super simple to get it using this token extractor.

Yes, I believe so… but I do no have the vacuum cleaner yet and was wondering if to get that token it is really needed to install a Chinese app on my phone before getting the cleaner to work…

1 Like

Ok, gotcha.

I don’t know, but I have a vague recollection of someone discussing this topic in this thread:

Think it was someone who got the token and then deleted their account and maybe got some problems, something like that. See if you can get a hold of @Piotr_Chmielewski, I am sure he knows.

Question, for using the extractor tool successfully does it matter with which app you registered the device, the Roborock or Miio app?

Don’t know but I can vouch for the Xiaomi app. Not tried with Roborock.

I am planning to get a S5 Max. Question, so for the integration with HA, I will have to register with mihome app and extract the token, right? does the integration have all the function that app has, like the realtime map and ad hoc spot clean etc?

1 Like

very detailed and useful. thanks!

It applies to the S5 Max as well. I just configured it, very happy with the integration and cards. Finding the room numbers is not well documented, but just trial and error sending the vacuum to different room numbers works fine.

Following the youtube and got the cards up. I noticed the vacuum image is not showing up in the first card. the line is:

image: /local/custom/folder/background.png

where is the png file supposed to be located? I can’t find it.

for the card GitHub - PiotrMachowski/lovelace-xiaomi-vacuum-map-card: This card enables you to specify a target or start a zoned cleanup using live or static map, just like in Xiaomi Home app. Additionally you can define a list of zones and choose the ones to be cleaned., I don’t understand where the zone info is coming from.

For the zones; you need to find the zone coordinates. The easiest way: in the Lovelace card configuration, put the option ‘debug: true’. Reload (& perhaps refresh) your Lovelace view. Now select the ‘clean a zone’ option and draw your zone on the map. When you click start, it displays the zone coordinates. This set of coordinates can be used in an automation. Remember to remove the debug option from the card configuration.

I don’t know about the image issue, I’m not using an image.

Edit: I see now, you probably mean the predefined zones. Seems you need to put the zone coordinates in the card configuration under ‘zones:’.

2 Likes