New Roborock S5 Max Vacuum Cleaner

I am trying to get the SQL file saved in the iOS instructions but the save feature is greyed out. I wasted money on the pro version hoping it was what was blocking me. How do I get to save the files individually to use the SQL viewer

The answer was use the export feature.

Has anyone gotten the UI to be able to select the vacuum as a device? I have devices but the vacuum is not one.

Figured it out it is a call instead of a device.

I now have litter robot make a secure call to IFTTT and that triggers S5 to clean the room the litter box is in

is it safe to upgrade to 3.5.7_002008

hello everyone, I have integrated my s5 max into a home assitant following a guide! now I would like to set up the rooms and maybe view the maps on the home assistant. is there a guide I could follow?

Did you get this to work ?

I dont want to update mine to firmware 3.5.8_0780 (mi home app) if is gets problem

I am waiting to update as well, and I am afraid to do so.
The new version has very interesting improvements such as the multi-floor, but now I have perfectly integrated my vacuum cleaner with room cleaning etc. … and I don’t know how the multi-floor can affect the integration with ha.

If any brave update, please share your impressions!

Not sure whether brave or foolish, but I just received my S5 Max and updated it to the latest Firmware. Unfortunately haven’t been able to get it to work. Had no problems extracting the correct token, using various methods described in this thread, but get these lovely messages:

I previously had the Mi Vacuum first gen which I could control perfectly, so a bit frustrating I haven’t been able to get this one working!

S4 here and getting similar results of daily token resets around 3am using the UDP packet method/app along with roborock app. Only had it a few days so still messing around, never had it working with HA more than a day at a time.

Have you got the token from the roborock app or mi home app?

The MiHome app

So it seems that siaomi tries to avoid third party control. First, it removed the token from the data obtained from my home app in the latest versions. Now they must have changed something else in the protocol … it sounds bad …

I’m yet in 3.5.4_0602 and works right.

Is there any way to get the token if you are using the Roborock app or do you need to use MI Home? Sorry if this was answered, but I did not see it.

1 Like

I think I was wrong. I only tried to get token with mi home app and this is the way I using it. Sorry.

In my experience, the easiest way is to use the windows “roborock_token” app: https://github.com/prinz3nroll3/roborock-token

BUT … what I’ve found for me (I use the Roborock app):

• Resetting the Wifi and using the app above easily gets the token
  • Use the Roborock app to setup the S5 Max as a “new” vacuum (it, does infact just replace thje eixsting one, with all maps etc maintained) to connect it back to WiFi

BUT - this then appears to create a new token - which means we are back at square one. Anyone who uses Roborock app managed to get a token and then manage to get S5 max back in the app and also have a usable token??

Same here with an S5 Max, with an older firmware (01.06.xx) it worked also when connected to the network. With both firmwares, it said “unavailable” in Home Assistant :frowning:

1 Like

Used same app, token is showed, but I used it in NodeRed plugin and problem with connection.

Have S5 Max with firmare 1.08.76

So, I bought recently S5 Max as an upgrade of my S5. Still to understand if it really vacuums and mops better, but this ain’t the question.
I want to ease how I use it - since I use one setting for vacuuming and one setting for mopping I could really benefit of some widget-style operation - one button for vacuuming and one for mopping.

I found this - https://github.com/jghaanstra/com.robot.xiaomi-mi
If I understand correctly, if I spoof the UDP package for vacuuming and mopping I can potentially create my own widget.

My question - is it possible to obtain this with S5 Max and Roborock app? I have been trying for a while with the method above but I either get UDP packages, but they don’t work or I don’t get any. Does this work, in general? Or there is something wrong with the way I spy on my traffic?

Dont think it’s possible…yet. It appears that the token changes too often for it to be reliable when paired with the Roborock app. More discussion can be found here:

Please take a look at the following request for feedback on Roborock and share your feedback: