New Roborock S5 Max Vacuum Cleaner

Hi, do you have to download the old version of the app? So you should never update it?how come once integrated appears in the dashboard and not in entities or devices? how do I find it?

Hi!
Personally I’ve used this method to retrieve the token yesterday, and it worked.
Yes, I’ve download an old version of the app (more instructions on referenced reddit page).

So in my case the old version of Xiaomi Home app was installed on an emulated and rooted Android system, but sharing same Xiaomi-credential as my main phone. Then I did not need to install old version on main phone
However I’m sure that if you install the old version on your phone, it is enough to use it just the time to retrieve and copy the token. After this you could (…and should) install again the latest version: your token will stay unchanged.

hello emilio, thanks for the answer, I managed to integrate it, but I can’t see the roborock in entities or devices, you can only see it in the dashboard. can you tell me why?sei italiano?

…prego! :wink:
Neither I can see it in devices. But I find it in entities. Clicking on it from there, settings tab is empty and reports something similar to

this entity does not have unique ID therefore settings can’t be managed by user interface.

I suspect this is the same reason why I can not find it amongst devices. Also status column shows a read-only icon.
However, clicking on entity, tab related works and lists all of my scripts where this vacuum is involved.
Also top-right button of this panel works, showing informations and few command buttons.

How did you integrate it? In my case, adding

vacuum:
  - platform: xiaomi_miio
    host: 192.168.1.45
    token: !secret vacuum.token # I prefer not to share my secrets ;)
    name: Friendly name of your robot

to configuration.yaml was enough. Just change host with current IP of your vacuum and put your token instead of !secret vacuum.token (or better use secrets.yaml file and place your token there).

I’m already using a Xiaomi vacuum through Mi Home, and with Home Assistant. Everything is working well.
I know have the Roborock S5 Max … It looks like I have to use the Roborock app, I can’t see the S5 Max on the device list of the Mi Home app. @fitim how did you connect your S5 max on Mi Home ?

Thanks a lot mates

I don’t know how you mean this. In the same way you add it to Roborock app, you can add it to Mi Home App. There was no difference …

As tou can see on the Mi Home app, no S5 max device on the list. Did you gad the S5 Max on the list when you added your vacuum cleaner on the app ?

I can’t say 100%, buz I’m 99% sure that there was a S5 Max for me. Maybe you should use an older version of the app.

I just checked again, I still have the option to select. Check out the screenshot:

I‘m using the app version 4.28.3 on iOS. I think it also depends on the country that you have chosen for your account. I have Germany ( or Europe).

I’m having an issue where HA loses connection to the S5 max - just after 9am every day.

I think the token is resetting itself at this time every day. I’m also running rrcc and the token stops working in that as well as HA so I’m pretty sure it’s this. Any one else had this? Managed to overcome it?

If I reset the wifi and go through the token extraction process, everything works great from HA again, but 9am the next morning, it all stops. I’ve even tried blocking the device from internet access in case it’s something cloud related, but that had no effect.

These are the only errors I get

Update of vacuum.xiaomi_vacuum_cleaner is taking over 10 seconds
9:13:11 AM – __main__.py (WARNING) - message first occurred at 9:09:21 AM and shows up 12 times

Got exception while fetching the state: No response from the device
9:13:00 AM – xiaomi_miio (WARNING) - message first occurred at 9:08:48 AM and shows up 12 times

Got error when receiving: timed out
9:13:00 AM – components/xiaomi_miio/vacuum.py (ERROR) - message first occurred at 9:08:48 AM and shows up 12 times

I had the same issue when I tried to set up my S5 Max with HA a few months back. Not really skilled enough to debug why so ended up giving up and just using the Roborock app until someone else encountered it as well.

I was initially able to get it working by extracting the key through sending a magic UDP packet while in Wifi pairing mode, then connect it to local Wifi network with the Roborock app, then got it all set up in HA with Zone cleaning etc. Like you within 24 hours it was broke with similar errors, which were fixed by extracting the key again and repairing with the Wifi network. Then within 24 hours broken again, after 3-4 attempts I gave up.

I can try again later so we have at least a second datapoint on what time it happens (what timeszone is your 9am?), other things to perhaps note that I thought may be at play when trying to get it working:

• Are you using the Roborock or MiiHome app to connect it to the WiFi?
  • Do you still have/use the app to interact with it, or only through HA?
  • Do you have the vacuum shared between more than on Roborock account? (Mine is shared with Partners account for example so she can command it as well from here phone).

Hey - good to hear it’s not just me

I’m in GMT

I’m doing exactly the same pairing process - using Packet Sender while it’s in pairing mode.

My latest attempt, I only used the app to connect the device to Wifi, and then only used HA thereafter. I also blocked the vacuum from having internet access completely - from the moment it joined the wifi, and it still stopped working the next morning.

Keeping my eye on this project https://github.com/Hypfer/Valetudo in case someone figures out how to support the max but no luck yet.

I’m wondering if the original firmware did this or if it’s something they added in an update - I’ve seen a lot online about the efforts the company is going to to block third party apps etc.

I’m trying a factory reset now. Will report back tomorrow.

I’m in GMT too, will extract the key and reconnect it tonight and see when it disconnects next.

I was originally doing this back in early December when it was only just released, maybe only 3-4 weeks after release, so I think the same behaviour was present in the original firmware as well.

I would have another question about this model. It arrived today and I managed to put it into operation in HA. And that’s despite the new bug in odler vesrion of app: “unable to initialize extension”. But I naively hoped to be able to control the mopping function as well. Did I miss something? It is true that I did not find the mop option in the commands either. Of cource the vacuum is mopping, because in the xiaomi app it is set up like this, but I would like to completely control it via HA.

My plan was to use zones - rather than doing what the roborock app does and sey “no mop zones” I was going to create zones for hoovering and overlapping ones for mopping and then combine Mopping zones in a single automation. Right now, that’s academic as we don’t seem to be able to keep the connection for more than 24 hours.

Is yours doing this as well? Disconnecting the next day?

Yep same thing this morning.

Next idea - a similar long shot - is to try sending some packets on a schedule to see if I can keep the token alive.

Interestingly it was 3am this morning - not 9am as before

For me Roborock in operiational state for 14 hours. I will check last afternoon again (it will be about 24 hours).

I´m planning use zone too (I need no mop zone for carpet in bathroom). But i don´t understand how set “no mop use” for Roborock.

Around 03:12 am by any chance?