New Roborock S5 Max Vacuum Cleaner

yes - 3:34.

Any idea if/how how we might be able to change the system time on the device to keep it thinking it’s always the same day?

I think changing system time would require rooting and SSH access, which is has not been achieved for Gen 3 devices of which the S5 Max is one.

It expired for me about 9 hours after re-pairing it and adding it to HA. My thoughts are that these are short lived keys and it does a key exchange with a Roborock cloud server on a regular basis to update them. Whether they expire after a certain time, or after a certain number of actions/API hits I don’t know.

I might try using the old MiiHome app method for getting the key to see if that results in a different result rather than using the Roborock app.

One thought from your message

“it does a key exchange with a Roborock cloud server”

The keys must be generated locally because mine hasn’t had any cloud access for days now.

So I tried connecting it again this time extracting the key using the method described in this reddit post, which involved pairing with the current Xiaomi Home app, then extracting the key from an old version of the app (I used 5.0.9 connected to the European regions server running in MEMU), rather than the previous packet sender with the Roborock app.

It still had a little hiccup at 03:13 this morning (see below) but the key appears still valid, and it is responding to commands now. Will monitor it over the next day or so as it has only been connected for about 15 hours so far, but looks promising.

How did you get on? Does the key fetched using that new method still work?

Yep, 48 hours and counting and it seems to be working fine. Seems to have a little hiccup each night for 30 seconds, but regains and maintains connection after that.

Only disadvantage is I had to switch the app my partner uses from Roborock to Xiaomi Home as she isn’t quite converted to the HA interface yet, but means I now have a seemingly reliable connection!

For me Robo is still working about few days. I didn´t encounter any fault or disconnection.

This is the best method to obtain the token that I have found, simple and fast. I have only tried with the vacuum cleaner connected to the RoboRock app, but I suppose it will work with the Xiaomi app.

1 Like

Planning on trying this over the weekend. Has it stayed working ok for you all this time?

Yep, working fine for the past 10 days or so, so there is obviously something weird about the Roborock App & Packet Sender combination.

Get a timeout for about 30 seconds each night, but only generated one or 2 errors in the log before being fine again. My hypothesis is that is when the LAN Router DHCP allocation is refreshed, but haven’t confirmed that yet.

Not had much luck with this.

Managed to get to the point where I had both phone and emulated 5-0-9 version of the app logged in and showing the vacuum on the xiaomi dash but when clicking on the emulated vacuum it wouldn’t open or download the settings so the data folder in the emulated phone has no database. Did you hit anything like this?

Got a new vacuum last night and was able to set it up by using 5.4.49 version of the Mi Home app on my tablet. Found the key in the log file in plain text thankfully. Now I’m trying to figure out how to use rooms. I have them defined in the Mi Home app. How do I get the room numbers or coordinates to pass in HA automations?

command send

try with number 15 and up

command: app_segment_clean
entity_id: vacuum.stovsugeren_i_vaerkstedet
params:

1 Like

Worked perfectly, thank you! I was thinking I had to get the actual coordinates for the room so this was much easier than anticipated.

1 Like

:slight_smile:
is it the newest firmware to s5max you have installed, so you can use it on different floor ?

Not sure to be honest. It did alert to a FW update when it powered up and I got it on my network. I did the update, but really only have one floor, though we do have a sunken living room. May have to test it out tonight.

Can I ask if this is supposted to be set up as a script?

Im normally using node red so Im a bit lost here :slight_smile: Thanks

I use this in a script

1 Like

Excellent. This worked great! This is even easier than finding the coordinates using the floevac app.

For those using node red:

{
“command”: “app_segment_clean”,
“params”: 16
}

Has anyone been able to combine the Roborock app, and integration with HA? If so, how?