New Tuya integration (2021.11) unable to log in

Can you link the github issue / PR where you got this screencap from?

It’s from here

Frenck also confirmed in a different github issue it is an upstream tuya problem and they are working on it.

1 Like

Same error but with a twist - it has worked for almost a full day after the 2021.11 update - it’s not the update that broke the Tuya integration. From what I’ve read, it’s on Tuya’s end and just a coincidence with 2021.11 launch. Nothing we can do to fix.

I restarted HA and now its working again. I guess Tuya have fixed something on their end.

1 Like

A restart hasn’t fixed it for me yet. Hopefully it is a good sign that it is now working for you.

2 Likes

After a restart all work for me too now!

It looks like there might be a new core integration. Does that mean I should remove the HACS version and install the it through integration page? Or just be patient and keep restarting?

What worked for me was to simply change my password in the smartlife app.

1 Like

Updated HACS and everything worked

Repair. removing integration → password change in Smart Life application → restart HA → adding integration

1 Like

Removed Tuya integration and changed the Tuya password on my iPhone.
I re-installed integration and works now after getting the same error message “Login error 1106”
And added a Gas detector that I got cheap at Amazon.

Option 2
https://github.com/andrey-yantsen/home-assistant-tuya-old

1. changed password in smartlife to something else
  2. Changed password back again to original
  3. restart HA

This way, no need to uninstall and reinstall integration.

4 Likes

no need to reinstall integration if you change password and then change back to old password again :wink:

2 Likes

I did not even change password. Simply cleared cache in the Tuya app then restarted HA. For sure this worked because I had tried restarting a few times prior to clearing cache.

2 Likes

Password change and change back with restart worked for me. Didn’t try the clear cache option but appreciate the info.

3 Likes

I have the same problem and I can solve it by

1. Change the Password of the Smart Life app on Mobile phone
  2. Restart HA
  3. Try again and it will work
4 Likes

This solved the problem for me without problems. Thank you.

Hi,
purging the cache in the app did it for me…

Thx for sharing !