New Tuya integration (2021.11) unable to log in

Same error here. I think that problem is in fact, that most of us have same username/password for smart app and for IOT page, too. Having DIFFERENT passwords (username can be the same) for two modules solves the problem.

2 Likes

Same issue here following…

I had this issue as well (with ver 2021.10.7. And granted I’m new to HA and I had never had Tuya integration functional), but I eventually got it working by the following. I don’t know which one(s) of what I did was the true fix:

• Upgraded HA to 2021.12.0
  • Use the same email address for both Tuya Smart app, and Tuya IoT Cloud.
  • Changed the log in account on Tuya Smart app. I was using social login using my Google account (which is 2FA activated). I switched to non-social i.e. typing in the email and password.
    • Tuya Smart with social log in requires some permissions on my Google account, some of which I have no idea why (to their defence, same happens a lot with other social log in though). So this works for me from security perspective as well.

As people bring this up here and there, Tuya could do better job. This is way harder than it should be.

UPDATE: Doc update suggested home-assistant.io!20707

Just had problems to login on Tuya integration. My issue was also Smart Life app account created using Google account. I had to logout the app to create a password for my app account. With this password Tuya integration worked.

Solved ! mine
the mistake i was doing is i was entering the USER and PASS or tuya IOT web account. you need to input the credentials of your mobile app. ( if they are same mobile and IOT web) . it will work.

2 Likes

Hmm been following this thread without success.
Tried changing the tuya app password.
I am in the UK, the Tuya smart app has me as Isle of Man/United Kingdom.

Upon entering my details I am just met with the login page

Any ideas where to look to find the logs, I am at a loss.
Thanks

I am also facing this error, have you found out what has caused this or are you still facing this?

I just came across the error too @JackW, and changing my password for the Tuta app worked for me.

1 Like

These kind of errors is why I don’t like to use their cloud services. I solved it using the first password I used in the app, if you changed your password and try this, that’s the error

This worked for me too.

Is there a way to update the app password in homeassistant, rather than login in to the app with an old password?
I’ve had to go through the app password reset journey as it wasn’t accepting my old password. Since changing the app password the hass integration isn’t working, but I can’t see anywhere to update.
Matt

I can confirm that using the QR code to Link Tuya App Account in the Tuya IoT Platform UI by using the camera in the Smart Life app, different logins for the app and the IoT account, and pressing the [Confirm login] button, consistently gives me a screen that says:

Scan QR to login

Logging in “Non-Mobile Devices”, please make sure it was you.
No access
[Confirm Login]
[Cancel]

The data center region for the Smart Home IoT project and my region reported in the app match.

I think I’ve tried just about everything after reading many documents and forums for several hours. This is currently the most difficult set up process I’ve encountered in a while. Setting up Google Assistant to work with HA and Assistant Relay wasn’t nearly this bad.

I had that very same issue. For me logging out of the iot platform on my PC and logging back in gave me a QR code that did work somehow.

I do agree that jumping through all these hoops feels jank af…

1 Like

I’m getting the same “No access” issue from the Tuya app. Deleted the entire app off my iPhone, reinstalled, logged in and still same issue :frowning:.

I’ll try borrowing someone else’s device and installing there.

Just a long shot, but… do you by any chance run any adblocker? They can mess up these connections. I’m running diversion ad blocker on my asus router and, it’s pretty interesting: i can’t first-connect my xiaomi air purifier with diversion on - app does see my device, but it can’t add device, i always get no response error. So i must disable ad blocker for learning process only. When it IS connected it runs ok with adblocker on, just for first recognition it must be off.
Similar can happen when having dual-band router and your phone is connected to 5GHz - it won’t connect. You must temporarily disable 5GHz for learning time, then re-enable it.

I had the same issue, solved it by creating a password without any special characters for the tuya smart app (only alphanumeric characters)

Is there still an issue with getting this to work? I’ve been struggling with all of this, but finally got to the point where my devices show up on the IoT platform and I have the keys necessary. I created a new password for the SmartLife app (no special characters, as advised by snip), restarted HA, cleared the cache in the app, and all that an I’m now getting “Login error (1106) permission deny” from trying to log into the core integration. I don’t have any ad blockers (all the stuff in this thread I’ve done). Anyone have any other suggestions? I just bought 3 more lights using the Tuya/SmartLife app, and need this to work! :-). Thanks!

SOLVED
as people mentioned earlier:
Change the password in the Tuya Smart app on the phone
But use a password with only LOWERCASE characters and NUMBERS
[redacted several curse-words and not political-correct expressions]
now… relax Chris… relax… Zen
/chrisV

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve been reading these forum threads for over an hour and I don’t see anywhere where it mentions LOWERCASE characters for the Tuya app password. I saw a post that said no special characters, etc., but I just spent another half hour looking for that detail and can’t find it even knowing that’s what I was looking for. To be fair, not allowing uppercase characters for a password is pretty obscure and not a solution one would even expect to discover.

1 Like

Hi all

I’ve just a Wonderwall and since I also run Home assitant I wanted to use the Tuya integration.
I have encountered the same issues as mentioned previously in this thread, so I also get the “Non-Mobile Devices” error.

I’ve changed the passwords in both the Tuya app on my Phone and the Tuya IOT Platform, since they’re seperate accounts. It will wouldn’t let me scan the QR code. So loggin out and back into the IOT Platform eventually gave me a QR code that worked. I can now see the Wonderwall under “All Devices”

In HA when I added the Access ID, Secret, etc. I had to use my account credentials for the app to log in, I assumed I had to use the credentials from the IOT Platform. but that didn’t work.

Anyway, it’s showing up in HA now :slight_smile: