New tuya intergration. No devices are being listed

Dimmers are correctly broken. I made a PR to fix it.

Iā€™m in Australia and the only data centre that shows my device in Tuya IOT Platform is Central Europe. Iā€™ve tried all the other data centres but they donā€™t list in All Devices.

The Tuya IOT Platform has a warning message at the top

Please note that data transfer across regions has a risk of violation of the data security regulations. If you request Tuyaā€™s cloud services from an IP address outside the data center region, you are at risk of illegally transferring data. For example, using an IP address in the U.S.A. to access cloud services in Chinaā€™s data centers will be regarded as data transfer across regions, and vice versa. Tuya will completely prohibit cross-region API calls and message subscriptions. Please deploy your cloud services properly to ensure data security.

Has anyone from Australia had success with the new Tuya integration?

I still canā€™t see my device in HASS. I went back to the Old Tuya

2 Likes

Hi, I went yesterday back to old Tuya. But I discovered that end of this year the old API of Tuya no longer will work with Tuya, so even if you continue with the old HA version, you will still get problems end of this year. I took the pain to upgrade again and did the following:

• Zigbee equipment works perfect with new solution (any brand, also not Tuya like Ledvance works ok)
  • Original WIFI-Tuya equipment works as well ok
  • Other Tuya compatible WIFI equipment is not recognized any more, solution for this: use Local Tuya (to be installed via HACS).

Further because of the new naming for all equipment in the Tuya integration and usage of local Tuya I had to change all screens and automations (took some work, but the pain is taken and everything is hopefully working ok, letā€™s say tested ok but I will see tomorrow of all automations are again working perfect, but that is easy to solve).

At the end I have everything working again with the new Tuya integration and Local Tuya for not supported WIFI equipment which seems not to be supported anymore by Tuya.

Let me know if you have any questions or that I can support you!

I updated to 2021.10.2 to see if it fixed anything (it didnā€™t, but I noticed the log error below)

A quick search showed an API that needed to be included on the Tuya IOT Platform called ā€˜Device Status Notificationā€™.
https://github.com/tuya/tuya-home-assistant/issues/69

Iā€™m not sure why it wasnā€™t in the default list when I created the project, but added/authorised it and all the devices now come through.

I note that light entities went from light.1234xyz to light.office for example. But whilst I can call a service to turn lights on/off, the status of the device isnā€™t held in HA (therefore it will turn on a device in Lovelace, but then not know itā€™s on and doesnā€™t turn it off as it calls the service to turn on again).

1 Like

In case it helps others - mine is finally working.

I ended up starting a new (another new) project in Tuya IOT Platform, selecting the ā€˜Development Methodā€™ as Smart Home and adding the ā€˜Device Status Notificationā€™ to the API list from the start.

Uninstall the integration in HA, restarted, installed the integration again (using the new project Access ID/Password). All devices loaded immediately, the state holds correctly in HA, and they turn on/off as they should.

How did you go to the old Tuya?
I can only see the new screen:

EDIT:
sorry didnā€™t see the link, thanks.

Yes had success with some wifi GPOā€™s, as per your issue with data centres it took much longer to find that issue then I would have expected.

Can you delete the current project can seem to find the option to?

I tried changing to the tuya app first but that didnt work. Im using a dimmer switch, wonder if its not supported or something.

Edit: I just tried to create a new platform and readded my app but again nothing appears in HA

same here.
I can see my devices on the Tuya IOT platform.
Iā€™m able to add the Tuya integration on the home assistant (Success. keys and passwords are OK)
I donā€™t see any device on my home assistant

Ariel

+1, no devices. going back to Tuya old.

1 Like

iā€™m using dimmer too, new integrations didnā€™t work installed Tuya (old) in hacks [as was described by a2gin2 my dimmer was identified right away and perfectly working, seems they didnā€™t adopt all their devices. Maybe one day it will be done.

Got mine working in local tuya so Iā€™m good for now.

Yes, same - went the local Tuya route (after getting it all running again with old Tuya). Local Tuya seems to be working fine for now.

I got it working using theese instructions Tuya - Home Assistant
But it seems that you only get 1 year for free :frowning_face:
What is this local Tuya you are referring to?

If your using HACS then you can find LocalTuya there, if not here is the repo

rospogrigio/localtuya: local handling for Tuya devices (github.com)

Same for me. And those missing devices are simple switches, so it is so sad, that the old stable was removed when there are problems like this. And it seems that we will have to pay for thisā€¦

Mine was also simple switch.
Frustrating. Going from working set up to non-functional.

If your project on tuya website is older than May 25, 2021, just create a new one (donā€™t forget to link you devices too) following this page : Tuya - Home Assistant

Worked for me :+1:

An icing on the cake is the unsubscribe button to their marketing emails dont work either. :expressionless:

1 Like