New tuya intergration. No devices are being listed

I have just setup the new tuya integration but after scanning the qr code, the app shows up under link tuya account tab but there is no device listed under all devices which mean nothing is being pulled into Home Assistant. I only have a single device atm. I used the smart life app. Anyone else having this issue?

3 Likes

I am having this issue as well but I went ahead and completed the integration and the devices did pull to HA

I’m actually rolling back right now though my lights always show as the RGB color when on - even when setting to white in the app

Were you using the smart life app as well? I was thinking of trying to pair with the tuya app instead and see.

Yep smart life app

I can’t log into Tuya integration, writes about Login error (2406): skill id invalid. Although I can log in via the mobile app. Is this problem just me or do you have the same thing?

Through Tuya LocalIntegration I can easily add a device

I will answer my own question. I created the UZ before May 25, 2021, so I will have to create a new project

2406: skill id invalid

Make sure that your cloud project on the Tuya IoT Platform should be created after May 25, 2021. Otherwise, you need to create a new project or migrate data to a new project. For more information, see Operation on the Tuya IoT Platform.

Yeah no problem with adding the integration as I just created it today. Its def coming from Tuya’s side not populating the device. I might as well try to setup the local edition.

Yeah no problem with adding the integration as I just created it today. Its def coming from Tuya’s side not populating the device. I might as well try to setup the local edition.

My project was created before May 25, 2021, which is reported here and those who created the project after May 25, 2021, those problems will not be

Those who are faced with this, here is instruction how to migrate from an old project to a new one

1 Like

I had an old project which I have now unlinked and created a new project following the instructions. The Tuya integration sets up with the ID/passwords etc but no devices show in HomeAssistant. I’ve confirmed via the Tuya IOT Platform that the devices are linked and visible.

There are no log errors or any ability to force an update of the devices. No amount of restarts or uninstallation/reinstallation will get any devices to show.

3 Likes

Yup, same thing - 1 device, shows in the Link Tuya App Account (using Tuya Smart app) but not under the All Devices tab. If I finish the integration in Home Assistant, I do NOT have any devices.

1 Like

If the Tuya IOT Platform is set up correctly you should see your devices under the All Devices tab. Ensure you have the correct data centre selected and the App Account selected in the filters.

My issue is I can see them in All Devices, but the HA Integration doesn’t have anything listed.

Seeing this exact same thing. They’re all there on the platform website, they’re partially there in the old integration (zigbee thermostats are not), but none at all show in the new integration.

This, sort of. I am on the east coast of the United States, so I had chosen the Eastern America Data Center. I changed it to Western American and the device appeared int he All Devices tab. I still cannot see the device in Home Assistant though. I reinstalled the Tuya integration with reboots, etc. etc. and there are no devices showing.

Changing the location could be something to try. I have revert back in the meantime but will try again, this time with the tuya app not smartlife.

I’m having a similar issue…all my devices show up under “All Devices” in Tuya, but my two dimmer switches are missing in HA. Not sure why it sees my bulbs and smart plugs, but not the two dimmer switches, even though I see them in all devices tab in Tuya. Grrrrrr…Don’t want to have to replace those switches…

Okay since im in eastern Canada, I had selected the eastern American data center. Now I have selected the western instead and the device is showing up in all devices. I haven’t updated Home Assistant yet but il report back when I do.

1 Like

Updated Tuya integration today - it becomes now tooooo complex.
At the end it is working, but I miss 50% of my devices. According me this new Tuya integration is on beta-level and should not have been released now.

The new integrations sees the Zigbee devices, but not the WIFI-devices what I see.

My solution: - go back to the old version of Home Assistant with old Tuya integration and wait until I see that it is working as it should do.

Mean time went back to previous Home Assistant version and everywhing is working again OK!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I added the Western zone now all devices show up. I hope HA works with this setting!

EDIT: All devices show up in HA and are working fine.

Yep already did. Going to check out local toya though. I only have tuya device but cause I couldn’t flash this one.

Hi all, in my case all work perfectly before Updated to core_2021.9.7…
In my situation i use TUYA drom configuration.yaml. Like :

tuya:
username: xxxxxxxx
password: xxxxxx
country_code: 1
platform: tuya

Now i remove all this line from configuration.yaml and remove integration from HA ans restart HA

I see that right now from : https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/tuya/#configuration-of-the-tuya-iot-platform

2406: skill id invalid

Make sure that your cloud project on the Tuya IoT Platform should be created after May 25, 2021. Otherwise, you need to create a new project or migrate data to a new project

I will try that because ma cloud project was created before the may 25 2021…

Stay tuned …

:raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :muscle:
Everything works again. I simply followed the instructions from this link:

and
https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/iot/migrate-from-an-older-version?id=Kamee9wtbd00b#title-3-Operation%20on%20the%20Tuya%20IoT%20Platform

have fun

1 Like