New tuya intergration. No devices are being listed

I couldn’t see my devices on the Tuya website. I changed to the “Western United States” instead of Eastern, and I could see my devices on the Cloud services.

3 Likes

Hi everybody,

This is my first message :wink: on hassio, i try hass for 2 weeks
Same for me, in tab all device on IOT, i have “No data”, in account link, 3 devices.
I tried to change DC to CHINA without result :thinking:

BR
Arnaud

This also worked for me to see the devices on Cloud services page, but my device hasn’t shown up in the HA integration yet. I even tried deleting the integration and re-adding it… anyone else found a fix for this?

No I think many are dealing with this. Since I only have one tuya, I just moved it to the local-tuya component.

Thank you for that!

I think it may be device realted as well. I only have a dimmer switch. Once I changed to western, it did show in “All Devices” on the iot platform but still failed to appear in HA.

I’m getting the following error when setting up the the Tuya integration: Login error (1114): your ip(xx.xx.xxx.xxx) don’t have access to this API.

Do I need to add my IP in the Tuya IOT Platform in order for this to work?

UPDATE:
Never mind, I figured it out. It’s now working.

1 Like

solution ? same problem .thanks

To clarify: after expiration, you can renew the subscription for free. The Trial Edition allows you to use all free API products. It just puts limits on the quota of API calls. But very unlikely you’ll ever reach them anyway.

Or at least this is what they mention here in Q3 How to Install Tuya v2 Integration (Beta)-Tuya IoT Development Platform-Tuya Developer

I need to add an user in the project (myself) and it work

nutrabaitsCrolaser
solution ? same problem .thanks

Sorry for not getting back sooner.

For the Access ID and Access secret you get them from the “Overview” screen on your Tuya IoT Platform cloud project. I had to use the copy function for the Access secret is the double document icon to the far right of the secret. You don’t need to see it in plain text to copy that way. The Account and Password is your Tuya IoT Platform account ID and password. If you can see your devices in the IoT Platform, then once you enter those 4 pieces of info into the Integration setup and submit, it should work; it did for me.

What I did was in the project select all Datacenter regions.
When you go to the tab “all devices” you can scroll through the regions. Walk through al the regions and see if your device appears.
Then remove the other regions from your project.

But still no device in HA for me at this moment.

Did you work out how to not use the Central Europe data centre? I am OZ too and got the same issue…

1 Like

I’m having a few issues here - have tried with 3 different IoT projects - one was giving me

login error (1106) permission deny

the other two are giving me

login error 2406 skill id invalid

however this can’t be because my projects were created before May 2021, because I created them yesterday.

I also tried LocalTuya, and while I can find my device, when I add it it just shows up as Unavailable. At the moment the only way I can control my light is via the Tuya app - which is a bit of a pain, and not making the wife very happy…

The instructions indicate that when configuring the integration, the account and password are for the App - which I assume is the mobile app used, however ZombieEd says above it’s the credentials for the Tuya IoT platform… can anyone clarify this?

I’m also in australia, and the devices are only visible when Central Europe data centre is selected.
any tips welcome

1 Like

same here in Oz as well.

Just update to 2021.10.5

Uninstalled old tuya integration. Setup iot new account (today) and created project per guide. Devices show up - Datacentre west US.

but i get the 2406 skill id invalid no matter what combinations i try (DCs, accounts, etc)

thoughts?

i also just experimented with restricting IP to my address in tuya iot for the project… and the cross region message is clear it will block - so i dont know how folks from Oz can get this working?

The IP address you added has exceeded the service range of the current data center, and there will be data security compliance risks. It is recommended that you change the IP address. Tuya will completely prohibit cross-regional data calls to ensure data security for you and the users.

hmmm ok - so I read this thread here

and when configuring the integration I tried changing my country to France (thinking Central Europe…) and it worked…

fingers crossed…

some progress

Unknowingly when i setup being in AU i chose Western US…

found this - Configuration Wizard of Smart Home PaaS-Documentation-Tuya Developer which indicated that Australia is needed to be bound to Central Europe Data Center.

Now i tried to remove the Tuya SmartApp linkage and relink to the project with just Central Europe Data Center but it would not allow me to add devices already added to a exisitng DC.

So left Western US and added Central Europe Data Center and then tried the setup in HA again with Tuya v2 and BAM is all connected this time… No more 2406 errors. Found the 3 devices i have…All working fine in HA once again!

Incase u wondered - i had also setup a another test tuya project to see if any difference before find above - only to realize now that i cannot clean it up :frowning: - Note : Currently, a created project cannot be deleted.

yeah I found I can’t delete a project - one of mine is stuffed up too - if I go to the link via app tab, an error in chinese is shown, and my account doesn’t show there, but when I tried to link in a new project, it told me I’d reached the maximum number of linked projects (2). Was trying to find how I could delete the project, but couldn’t.

What country did you select in the Tuya config in Home Assistant @Borgy ?

@farnsy matched the mobile app - Australia in my case.

And noting - the user/pwd has to be the app user/pwd not the iot dev account…