New tuya intergration. No devices are being listed

I just bought a door sensor from amazon and linked it with my account, but it wont get displayed on HA.
I also have some tuya led bulbs and power sockets successfully on HA.
Can i add them manually?

Another user from Australia here. After tearing my hair out then finding this thread I can confirm that the data centre has to be sent to Central Europe (I tried them all). When you get in HA you can select pretty much any central European country - I used France, someone above used Germany - and it will work. If you leave it as Australia then you will get the ā€œLogin error (2406): skill id invalidā€ error message.

There are some differences to the local Tuya integration (I was using that with a test install of HA on android). This integration gets different master switches on powerboards compared to local tuya (I have Bahm (Aldi) and Arlec (Bunnings). It also gets a Mirabello (Kmart) light strip while local only got scenes from it. This one also only picked up Tap-to-Run automations from the app, not the automatic ones.

So I configured TUYAv2 in Home Assistant. Iā€™ve got my device back except for all my Smart Dimmer Switch. I saw on Github Core Forum that a bug was logged and update will fix the problem in november. This morning, I have upgraded Home Assistant to 2021.11.0b2. So the Smart Dimmer Switch is now showing up but the related entity is still missing. Any idea if that will be fix in the production version in November?

Only if you post this on Discord or in the github issue. That is where the devā€™s look for feedback on the beta.

I have a very strange problem. I Installed the new integration to a Virtual Box running HA. Everything went straight and on setup screen I choose United Kingdom instead of Turkey which is where I live. All my devices showed up and was working perfectly. But my problem occurs after that. Ä°n every 3 or 4 hours, the integration disconnects and I have to re install the integration. Does any one have any idea about that ?

So I started up this morning and everything from Tuya had been imported. All devices and all scenes. Did the update to 2021.11.0, all still fine. Then go to work, come home and get the 1106 permission denied error that seems to be widespread. So integration not working at all.

Edit: All working now. Not sure if it is just coincidence but what I tried last was restore my full backup before the update this morning, then upgrade to 2021.11.0.

Edit2: This breaks again every time you restart. Appears to be down to an issue with password validation:

Got the same issue, have recreated a project at the IoT Platform and registerd again. Then it worked again, there was no way to got the old projects working again.

Would be nice if i coudl remove the old project also.

I canā€™t access the tuya page to set up a project. Seems to be overloaded. I can log into the tuya iot site but when I try to select ā€œcloudā€ ā€œdeveloperā€ the cloud URL wonā€™t load properly. Seems to be down. Iā€™ve tried on Windows, OSX and iOS with various browsers and page wonā€™t load.

I had the same problem, and then today, I went to IOT platform and revoked and then reauthorized IoT Core under Service API for my project and it started loading on my Home Assistant!! Sadly 2 of my curtains say unsupported, but I think thatā€™s just a matter of time now

I have the same problem, curtains are still unsuported. Has anyone gotten a device categorized as ā€œcurtainsā€ to work on the new integration? In HA curtains fall under ā€œcoversā€ but they seem separate in Tuya?

1 Like

No matter what I do, I can not get the devices into HA. They are on the Tuya IoT site and I can login using HA but they just dont show up

Iā€™m having the same issue and canā€™t find a solution.

How to fix it tell me pls -/-

Sorry for not getting back.
First, Iā€™m assuming that you have downloaded the the app to your phone and installed all the devices there already, but if not, thatā€™s where the Tuya IoT Platform got my devices. After that I had to create a free account on the Tuya IoT Platform and upload the devices from my phone? For me, it wasnā€™t until I could see them in the Tuya IoT Platform, that I could pull them into HA.

I too found it impossible to view my SmartLife devices in the Tuya IoT platform. Thanks to this thread, I realised that the issue was that I had originally selected the ā€˜Western Europe Datacentreā€™ as the UK is in Western Europe.

However, Tuya seem to think the United Kingdom is in Central Europe (see Mappings Between OEM App Accounts and Data Centers-Documentation-Tuya Developer). Clearly Geography is not their strong point!

If you change your Cloud Project to Central Europe, it should list your attached SmartLife devices. And from reading other comments, it may be that itā€™s irrelevant where you live, you need to use Central Europe to view your devices (not sure though).

And seemingly, if you create a new Cloud Project with Central European Datacentre, itā€™s impossible to delete the old Cloud Project (I think all you can do is unlink it from SmartLife).

Now - with my device keys, I can set up LocalTuya Integration and dump the useless ā€˜Tuya maintainedā€™ integration.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had the same problem.

Go to Tuya IOT web site and log-in. Then go to cloud > development > overview , where Authorization Key is.

Pay attention to Cloud Authorization IP Allowlist if itā€™s is checked, unchek it and it should work

Here is my situation. Firstly, I had same problem. There were no devices listed in the tab. Then I found out that I may have mistaken my password with Tuya APP and IOT platform cloud page usr accounts. I changed my configuration and everything shows up. I use the stable version of tuya integration. You may try using your Tuya APP user password and account. If you use the user account and password blew, the integration may not work properly and may not tell you why.

Home Assistant version: 2021.12.1

I was unable to get any devices to appear. I went in to the project and changed to the Western America Datacenter, and boomā€¦ they all showed up.

Iā€™m in Maryland BTW.

I updated to the supported Tuya integration and I have no dimmers. I can see switches. In Tuya I see all the devices including the dimmers, but they donā€™t come into home assistant.

I am in Poland and i was using Tuyav2 with no issues with IOT central europe.
I am trying to install Tuya app instead.
I am removing Tuyav2
restarting
installing tuya
Connecting with the codes with no issues
except it does not pulls any devices.