New tuya on 2021.10 not working

Yes, it seems a lot of people, myself included are in the same boat

I can see my device in tuya IoT but I can see it in the integration. Besides my country, I have tried a lot of others without success. Wierd and messed… and force us to have an unproductive account.

1 Like

Yes, it works easy to install just put your Tuya credentials and everything works again! thanks

The problem seems to be in HA. I used Device Debugging in Tuya IoT to turn a switch ON/OFF. The switch worked fine, the status updated fine in Smart Life app. But, in HA, the status did not change. So, HA is unable to read device status from Tuya.

I too am having the same issue of entities responding to an off or on command then I no longer have control of the entity. HA is also reporting the incorrect color of the bulbs but I’m unable to change it any other color on the wheel. Was this fully tested before release?

On the Tuya integration I saw a double registration of my credentials
I disabled 1 and restarted home assistant and now it seems to workout

1 Like

Hi All, So long story short - Tuya was working great, all devices showing in tuya App + with the HACS Tuya addon HASS saw and worked with them all. Since the update though tuya devices stopped working, I removed the HACS addon for TUYA, restarted, setup TUYA developer account (I am Australia, so it defaults to Europe Data centre) all devices showing in Tuya Cloud, added tuya integration as per instructions, all went fine, no devices shown. I am guessing this is because I set I am in Australia, not Europe… happy to debug, answer questions, would love this to work, am sure it is something simple.
TX in advance!

What a mess this is. :frowning:

Tuya is a great way to add cheap smart device, even knowing that someone in China might be looking at my preferences. Integration in HA was working perfect for ages, with minimal configuration, even in the old days where many other things were difiicult.

Now it seems impossible for me to simply add my non-zigbee lamps and switches.
Not good for the WAF at all.

Finally fixed my issues by using the old integration:
GitHub - andrey-yantsen/home-assistant-tuya-old

Thanks andrey-yantsen for saving and posting this!

1 Like

Actually, for lot of us in North America, they had to add the West America data center for the devices to show up. The choice of data center is up to you. You can add more than one data center (at least I could add East and West America data centers, didn’t try any other). Please see if adding West America data center helps. I know that it is against logic for users in Australia to add West America data center, but just for the sake of debugging please try it. See if it makes the devices show up in the device list.

Also, many users have reported that they skipped step 6 in install steps (where you add the Device Status Notification API to the project) and that caused the device status to not update in HA. So, please make sure that you add Device Status Notification API, but that is after the devices show up in HA.

Hope this helps.

just be warned, it uses the old API which will die at the end of the year

Maybe look at localtuya

2 Likes

Well, if old Tuya dies and new Tuya is a pile of… then for me this is the end of HA for lights control - leaving it only for Frigate use. A sad end to HA then

1 Like

just use localtuya

Also, its not HA killing the old API, but tuya themselves

1 Like

Thanks; I will have a go at localtuya otherwise Alexa will rule going forward

For anyone looking for an update, after many, many days of back and forth with the Tuya Devs - who initially did not believe there was any issue - they’ve finally found a problem and will be fixing

1 Like

On 2021.10.6 now, and…it is not working. The “official” Tuya app, the tuyav2 and the old app, all the same problems. I get acces to “read” the devices but can not switch them on or off.

When i use the tuya app on my phone i can switch them and the status gets updated in HA.

After a lot of searching i found that i had selected multiple data centers in the Tuya IOT. After selecting the correct one and deleting the others it works. The wife is happy, so i am happy :sunglasses:

The new Tuya integration is working ok now that I selected the western US data center instead of the east. However, it did not import any of my Smart Life scenes. Also the white color is not really bright white anymore. It’s a dull blue-ish white. Has anyone else experienced this? Any workaround?

I am on 2021.11, re-installed the tuya integration and I am still have issues. In that the states displayed in the Tuya app are inconsistent with the states displayed in home assistant.

1 Like

I too have the issue with states not updating in HA. Just updated to 2021.11 to see if it was fixed, but no cigar. Tried multiple data centers and re-authorized all Service APIs on Tuya’s site. State updates in the app if I toggle it in HA. Also, HA state updates if I reload Tuya integration from GUI. Can share logs, debugs or test things if required. Running HA core in venv on RPI 3 and coming from old tuya where you have to input creds in your config file, so wondering if there is some stale config somewhere.

I installed the latest update this morning (2021.11.2) and it seems to be working now. Fingers crossed.

I am on 2021.11.2 and still having issues. Just tried running HA supervised in a docker on the same box and the issue is still there (using backed up config from HA core), lights turn on, but state switches back to OFF

1 Like