New tuya on 2021.10 not working

I thought it was working. Looks like its not. One powerboard works the the other does not. Have the same issue as you. I set the switch to off in HA and it just goes straight back to on again and doesn’t change the switch.

If I change the state in the Tuya app it updates the state in HA, but not the other way around. Then if I change one of the switches in HA, it changes another in the Tuya app. But if I operate a switch in the Tuya app the right one is updated in Home Assistant.

Very strange and very frustrating.

Can’t quite figure this out. If I hit, say switch 4, from within the Tuya app, the right switch status is updated in home assistant, but on the Tuya debug platform the wrong switch status is updated. When I activate in Home Assistant the wrong one is triggered. If I active the switch on the Tuya iot site the right one is. Really weird.

It’s one of these BTW…

If I’m not mistaken be sure you subscribe “device status notification” on my service from IoT Tuya Platform. Then it should fixed your on/off switch

If you’re referring to the Device Status Notification service in the Service API page, yes I have done that. One power board works fine, the other does not. On the other powerboard (different kind) the status change from the Tuya App to home assistant works as expected, but if I change the state in home assistant the wrong switch is updated / changed.

Not sure how I go about fixing this. If I could re-flash the thing I’d go tasmota / esphome, but I can’t.

Any idea how long localtuya will be around?

yours I believe have different problem. Unsure why it trigger the wrong device.

1 Like

Thanks, I think I will give Tuya Local a go. The Device ID I know how to get, bit confused about getting the key though.

I had the exact same issues with this… Spent hours with Tuya support and they said they found some issue with their integration which caused issues with these particular power boards and were going to fix it - but now Frenck has taken over the integration from Tuya so who knows what’s going on now.

I got around it by using the Tuya Local integration. Highly recommend it, and because you’ve already done all the hard work already in setting up the Tuya Dev platform, it only takes about 30 seconds to get it working with Tuya Local…it’s actually a much better end result, it’s so much more responsive, it’s instantaneous.

1 Like

I did the same, though it took me longer than 30 seconds to find the keys. Got sick of trying to fix the tuya integration.

From where I can get LocalTuya in home assistant?

It is installed via HACS.

My lights aren’t working well after upgrading ha, configured the new Tuya setup from Tuya io platform but not working well…

Well, there are reasons why not to use local tuya for some devices.
For air purifier it can support only 3 speeds of fan while I have 6. Not a big deal, but…

Bigger problem is when I connected heat pump to local tuya.
I was able to turn it on and off, but… only once. Then internal firmware got totally crazy and nothing worked. And not from HA, but in total - somehow temperature limits went crazy to some -140C which is of course impossble. Nothing in internet, nothing in manual, nothing from main distributor for country…
I was lucky and was pressing randomly buttons for longer and made some reset, but… never more.

And yes, I have still this issue and waiting for some fix…

Have you raised a bug report @sirfalo

Local Tuya Debugging

Is there any tricks I am not doing - toggle on a switch can only be triggered at 6-10sec interval - otherwise it gets ignored. I’m calling the service from dev tools. Turn on/off works instantly though. This, of course, after I migrated to the new tuya… ?

ok… I found this one ironically funny

I went ahead and installed local tuya… Works instantly. But I have something like 40 entities… to set them up one by one… omg!

Hi All

It seems specifically the “Toggle” function and updating of the state isn’t working.

I’ve managed to fix this buy not using the toggle switch, but by adding a button which sends an “ON” or “OFF” command

This is done by

• Entity
  • Call Service
  • Turn light ON

and another button for Off.

You can add existing groups of lights so you don’t need to make a button for each light.
I’ve only just started using the system so I came accross this while setting up Tuya for the first time.

Hi

No, I didn’t as this seems to be common bug for many.
Or you are talking about local tuya?

Implemented a work arround since Tuya will solve the problem. Generated an automatization every 5 minutes to reload tuya integration, and after that devices status is updated.

This is not the best solution, but no other solutions I can imagine now.

Just to add that the devs are aware of this and working on a solution.

You can follow this GitHub issue for latest developments.