New version of the plant integration

It’s the same as Edwin posted, but the width of the green class up to 69%

1 Like

Thanks again for the new card version. I can definitely see it’s use.

I made an attempt to merge the two cards, and have a selector in the config, but it did not work out. HA is too good at caching the CSS, so swithcing between modes just did not work.
But on the other hand, I really don’t like to have two cards that share ~80% of the code as two different cards, so I’m not sure what to do…

As long as you use different classes for the big and small card you are ok right? Caching css doesn’t matter then.

Yeah. But it would need a complete refactoring of the code, splitting out common functions to other classes etc. Not that that is a bad thing, it’s quite messy anyway, I just don’t feel the urge to start on that atm.
And since javascript is really not my priamry language, it takes a whole lot of trial and error just to get the basic stuff in these cards working…

But I am more than happy to accept PRs

I could help you, but not before the weekend. I cant promise that I’ll be able to help you this weekend tho.

I would convert to typescript to start and make everything easier. But I guess there is no rush right?

1 Like

This is a great integration. One problem I’m seeing is I’m trying this automation to alert me for watering / feeding requirements but it’s just returning ‘null’ - I’m unsure if this is a config issue my end or due to changes in this plant integration. Anyone tried this, or anything similar? Thanks.

Trace shows…

"trace": {
    "last_step": null,
    "run_id": "69f9b10164bd6150debd699587158168",
    "state": "stopped",
    "script_execution": null,
    "timestamp": {
      "start": "2023-09-21T21:34:00.420133+00:00",
      "finish": "2023-09-21T21:34:00.423693+00:00"
    },
    "domain": "automation",
    "item_id": "1693836426254",
    "error": "UndefinedError: list object has no element 6",

Ah… fixed it. I missed the requirement to have the Forecast Hourly sensor enabled. All good now.

@Olen Converted to typescript and add mini card by marcokreeft87 · Pull Request #47 · Olen/lovelace-flower-card · GitHub check out this PR

Please check out the latest beta from HACS.
Also check out the compact version of the card (configurable using the GUI in the latest beta).

If theese look good, I will push it as a release ASAP.

Hi Olen, thank you very much for this! Really great. I have followed all installations and everything seems to work, but for some reason, when adding a plant, the interface shows up without the descriptive text. Do you have any idea what the problem with this could be? I have tried to reinstall the plant monitor integration with the beta version, but same appearance.

Thanks for any hint of what the issue could be!

Could be a translation problem? Do you have your HA set up in a different language?

No - standard installation - latest version on raspberry pi

i did a bit more digging and came across this thread, but i also haven’t installed any themes

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/the-text-labels-are-missing-in-the-mqtt-configuration-dialog/563808

language is English - sorry forgot to mention that

How did you install the integration? Are you sure you have the “translations” directory and all the files there?

I have the same view but the values didn’t show-up, do you know what can be the problem ? ThanksCapture d’écran, le 2023-10-25 à 08.23.37

The compact display doesn’t show the values. You have to hover over the bars to see the values.

Also please fix your layout, this looks terrible

Capture d’écran, le 2023-10-27 à 08.45.58
I change the layout and put in full but still no values :frowning:
Here is my code :

• type: horizontal-stack
    cards:
    • type: custom:flower-card
      entity: plant.ravenea
      show_bars:
      • moisture
      • conductivity
      • temperature
      • illuminance
      • humidity
      • dli
        display_type: full
2 Likes

Oh something is broken in the last version than I guess. I only use the compact version

Since last update, flower cards are broken and it is not possible to find a solution.

I tried to add the sensor entity again, add a new follower card with same data, but nothing works. It does not recognise the entities.

Although from a standard card, it is possible to show the sensor data.

Does anyone know how to fix it?