New version of the plant integration

Ah… fixed it. I missed the requirement to have the Forecast Hourly sensor enabled. All good now.

@Olen Converted to typescript and add mini card by marcokreeft87 · Pull Request #47 · Olen/lovelace-flower-card · GitHub check out this PR

Please check out the latest beta from HACS.
Also check out the compact version of the card (configurable using the GUI in the latest beta).

If theese look good, I will push it as a release ASAP.

Hi Olen, thank you very much for this! Really great. I have followed all installations and everything seems to work, but for some reason, when adding a plant, the interface shows up without the descriptive text. Do you have any idea what the problem with this could be? I have tried to reinstall the plant monitor integration with the beta version, but same appearance.

Thanks for any hint of what the issue could be!

Could be a translation problem? Do you have your HA set up in a different language?

No - standard installation - latest version on raspberry pi

i did a bit more digging and came across this thread, but i also haven’t installed any themes

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/the-text-labels-are-missing-in-the-mqtt-configuration-dialog/563808

language is English - sorry forgot to mention that

How did you install the integration? Are you sure you have the “translations” directory and all the files there?

I have the same view but the values didn’t show-up, do you know what can be the problem ? ThanksCapture d’écran, le 2023-10-25 à 08.23.37

The compact display doesn’t show the values. You have to hover over the bars to see the values.

Also please fix your layout, this looks terrible

Capture d’écran, le 2023-10-27 à 08.45.58
I change the layout and put in full but still no values :frowning:
Here is my code :

• type: horizontal-stack
    cards:
    • type: custom:flower-card
      entity: plant.ravenea
      show_bars:
      • moisture
      • conductivity
      • temperature
      • illuminance
      • humidity
      • dli
        display_type: full
2 Likes

Oh something is broken in the last version than I guess. I only use the compact version

Since last update, flower cards are broken and it is not possible to find a solution.

I tried to add the sensor entity again, add a new follower card with same data, but nothing works. It does not recognise the entities.

Although from a standard card, it is possible to show the sensor data.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Does anyone know if there is an option to exclude the plant image from the card to reduce the size of the header? The compact option doesn’t compress it enough unfortunately. Trying to get all the plants to show up on one popup card.

I posted a question about removing the plant image just now but came across your card. How did you get the card to look like this? It’s much more compact without the image and yours is showing the data in 2 columns.

New to this thread…
Got 4x BLE plant probes over christmas for the GF.
added them to HA, definitely a NICE addition. THanks @Olen

I’m using a M5Stack as a bluetooth proxy to connect to them.
Curious if there are others doing this method and how many you can connect?

Components:

• OpenPlantBook
  • PlantMonitor (v.Olen modded)
  • FlowerCard (v.Olen)
  • Xiaomi BLE probes
  • ESPHome ESP32 M5Stack (as BT Proxy)

I primarily use multiple BT Proxies for mine (I have 15 or so throughout the house). I don’t there’s really an upper limit on devices since it relies on passive collection of the data the sensors are broadcasting on their own.

that is a lot of proxies… sounds like a successful setup for you so far. I was more afraid of the 2.4Ghz spectrum getting signal distortion and/or conflicts from running a lot of proxies.

Since they’re just passively listening (for the most part, I have a couple of devices that require an active connection), they won’t add to the noise.

Edit: also, I have ~15 MiFloras, not BT Proxies. Think I have 6 or so of those.

I have 20 Miflora devices and several device trackers. I’ve tried many different Bluetooth methods over the years, but the most rock solid is a pair of these in active mode (active so I can get battery info). Two is plenty for the size of my home, but I imagine the solution would scale happily.

Both were flashed in the method described and they use a wired network connection to keep the data off the wireless spectrum when sent back to HA.

I was using some Shelly devices as BT proxies, but it wasn’t reliable.

1 Like