New version of the plant integration

I thought the older revisions of the device were preferable?

@Olen I couldn’t find a community thread on your new flower-card, but since you mentioned in the OP, thought I would ask here for now…

My conductivity is within spec for this plant, however the bar still registers pink/red for the reported value. Is this expected? Or should it be green?

Or would it be pink/red since it is on the low side and just would not report an error as it is still in specs?

UPDATE:
Odd… about 20min later it is now green (slightly decreased value -1)

I have a 1.x and a 2.x. The 2.x had some issues with the network interface that were solved earlier this year.

My 1.x has been stable, but it requires a custom yaml config because of the different components.

What device is compatible with this?

Good to know. The blog post suggested otherwise (due to the networking issues).

Hi Romain, how did you fix this issue? I have the same problem? Also no values or percentages behind the bars.

Please try the latest version (beta released today).
Will release a non-beta for both the plant integration and the flower-card in a short while.

1 Like

Hi all! Great news! New OpenPlantbook integration with full support of sensor upload feature is live. This feature allows to upload the “New Plant integration” 's sensors data to OpenPlantbook.

This new version of the integration and Sensor Upload feature of OpenPlantbook opens an opportunity to see how variety of plants grow around the world! The more users upload their sensors data the more fascinating picture we can get! This data also can help to build an interesting and useful dataset which potentially can be used for future researches and machine learning.

Please consider enabling sensor upload data in the integration’s configuration as on below screenshot.

I’d also encourage you to share location of the plant (at least a country) so it can help to understand environment conditions such as season of year and daylight better. All the sensor data is stored anonymously.

To browse Plant sensors data, you can use the following OpenPlantbook page: Open Plantbook | Charts

NOTE: This is not the subject “Plant” integration but the one which is used to integrate with OpenPlanbook. The Openplantbook intergration is silently working in the background and does not touch anything related to Plant integration. So please don’t be afraid that it can break your Plant sensors. The integration only query sensors’ data in HASS DB once a day and then upload it. More information about how the integration works can be found in the README.

The integration is currently available as beta (version1.3.0-beta2) and will be released as soon as a number of people install and test to so please consider to help out here.

Beta versions can be enabled when downloading via HACS as on screenshot below.

PS: BTW, the sensor uploading can be done directly to OpenPlantbook using API without HomeAssistant. Please take a look at API documentation if you would like to integrate directly.

2 Likes

1.3-beta3 is available with a small bug fix.

All parts included I think this is one of the neatest and most wife (partner) attractive features I have been able to use to convince my wife to use home assisntant more!

But I do use it for my mushrooms first, you know, priorities!

Considering priorities - I wanted to move to the beta of both openplantbook and the new flower instance, but the card won’t load anymore (just show the name of the plant and the image, nothing more)

HA logs also mumbled something about “ID already in use”, but that could’ve been because I’ve added the same mushrooms twice? Not sure.

Anyway, thanks for the great work - if I can be of help debugging let me know what to do!

Hi Casey and thank you!
Did it stop working when you upgraded OpenPlantbook to the latest beta? Or did you upgraded both Plant and OpenPlantbook component to beta’s? If so you can send me HA log as private message here on Discord and I will take a look what could be possible an issue.

Has anyone written a automation that groups the plants by area and send a notification what plants need water and/or fertilizer?

I have created the following that will auto populate the UI for a given area:

type: custom:auto-entities
card:
  type: entities
  show_header_toggle: false
  state_color: false
  title: Växter
filter:
  include:
    - and:
        - domain: plant
        - area: Stuga
      options:
        type: custom:flower-card
        display_type: compact
        show_bars:
          - moisture
          - conductivity
sort:
  method: state
  reverse: true

If I now change the area of a plant it will automatically move to the right page.

Nice way of using auto-entities.

I don’t have an automation that does the same, but I have thought of creating a simple blueprint with a “per area” notification (so my “smart” speaker in the living room can notify when a plant in the living room needs water, while other “local” speakers can notify when other plants in other rooms needs water).

I have the following that you could use as base

The exclude functionality does not work yet, and in the near future i will add grouping by area, but don’t know when I will get time.

1 Like

it seems I figured some things out and with both the new HA update and your work done, thanks!

1 Like

Suddenly all cards are only showing the plant picture, name and battery status, but no sensors. No errors in the logs.

Home Assistant Core 2024.4.3
Hom Assistant Plant 2024.1.0
OpenPlantbook 1.2.0
Flower Card 2024.1.1

Some help would be appreciated.

Oh the sensors do work at least in settings:

Thank you for this awesome integration!

What kind of sensors do you use?

I use the Xaiomi/HHCC flower care devices and they don’t have an air humidity sensor.

I have other air humidity sensors in each room with plants, can I somehow add them to the plant device?

Edit: ok I found the solution with the plant.replace_sensor service

The sensors are completely independent, so they do not need to be from the same device.

Possibly it can be solved by clearing the cache of the browser or the App, or even restarting HA. It has happened to me at some point (I don’t know how to reproduce it again) and by restarting it worked again.

HA has already a restarted numerous times and it happens in all browsers. Mobile app, Firefox, edge, from work laptop, from private laptop, from private desktop. So not sure which cache needs to be cleared. It hasn’t shown the sensors for several months now.
Is there a way to troubleshoot this?