New Weather Radar Card

yeah it has noting to do with the missing sensors i fixed the sensors but its the same behaviour.

i fixed it and the height with adding this code

card_mod:
                               style: |
                                 ha-card {
                                   height: 350px!important;
                                  } 

1 Like

Rather odd, but I am not seeing any radar data for my country (South Africa) for any of the data sources. I would expect to see something at least due to it raining here as we speak. I zoomed out of the map and found spots of radar activity around Brazil and spots in North America, east Asia and eastern Australia. Any ideas?

The card uses data from RainViewer. A quick check seems to indicate that there is no coverage in Africa. See this link for what is covered. https://www.rainviewer.com/coverage.html
If you know of a provider that does provide African coverage (I have no idea of what radars exist for the continent) please create an issue on github with the details of what is available.

My whole of Australia radar (in the Aus version of this card) has gone and is blank in Lovelace since yesterday, The local one I have for my specific area is fine and working but this one won’t display now after having worked since the card was added

type: custom:bom-radar-card
center_latitude: '-33.440'
center_longitude: '151.293'
zoom_level: 9
frame_delay: 500
frame_count: 12
show_marker: true
markerIcon: true
marker_latitude: '-33.440'
marker_longitude: '151.293'
show_range: true
show_scale: true
show_zoom: true
show_recenter: true
show_playback: true
extra_labels: true
map_style: satellite
static_map: false
show_radar_coverage: true
show_radar_location: true
radar_location_radius: 5
radar_location_line_colour: '#FF0000'
radar_location_fill_colour: '#FFFF00'

That config works for me, although it is not whole of Australia with zoom level 9.

oh shit… looks like I managed to delete it when I was playing with the BOM card…

I love this card and use it on several devices.
But how can I change the height to be larger? I want to fill an iPad screen. The card itself gets bigger, but the radar image remains at the original height.

Try creating a panel view in HA. Then the card added to that will take the entire screen.

Worked perfectly!
Such a simple solution, thank you!!

I added the code, but… how can I view this radar card now? Do I hav eto add something

Regards, Adrie de Regt

Yes you need to add the card to your dashboard the same way you add any other card.

I assume I have to add it using the ‘manually write the YAML’?

When i do so, I end up with the message: ‘Custom element does not exist: weather-radar-card’ which must be caused because I cannot add this one in configuration.yaml:

afbeelding

Checking the config gives this:

How do I resolve this?

Regards,

Adrie de Regt

If you installed using HACS you don’t need to do anything with resources or anything yaml.
Just add the card to your dashboard and use the gui on it to configure the settings.

If you installed from HACS, you don’t need to add anything. You can find the file in settings - control panels - 3 dots upper right corner - resources. You add the card like any other, edit control panel - add card - weather-radar-card

I donot know how to install ‘from HACS’. In Home Assistant I have HACS in the left screen, I click on HACS, then I click on Frontend, I serach for ‘weather’, I double click on ‘Weather Radar Card’ an end up here:

But there is no INSTALL here

What am I missing?

If you scroll down the page and don’t see the installation in the bottom right, you have the card already installed (it will be on the HACS interface page).
Then in lovelace select add card and find weather-radar-card

I can confirm that in version 2.0.6 the card it’s not appearing in ADD CARD interface. I switched to 2.0.5 and I can see it in ADD CARD.

Down right was a ‘download’ button. I clicked it and it installed. It is working now.
Thank you for your assistance

Great work! Only I’m missing the timestamp at the bottom, it does show the date. Does this has to do with my location? (The Netherlands)

@htpc2308 you didn’t really “fix” the height. You changed the height so that only a portion of the card is showing which for some people might work but for me, I’m looking for a way to change the “aspect”. @theRat is there a way to change the width and height of your card so that it fits inside of a user’s custom dashboard view… I think that would be the aspect as opposed to the width and height but I’m not an expert.? I’m trying to do what @htpc2308 did but I would like to keep the top and bottom of the card and just narrow down the inside radar view so that the overall height will fit within my dashboard.

1 Like