New Weather Radar Card

Is it possible to remove the rainbow of colors at the top? Also to use Accuweather? RainViewer doesn’t support my area well.

Second this!
I’m using a basic Grid layout (panel, so just the grid card) and within it I have three vertical stacks. Two of them show security camera feeds and my plan was to use the third vertical stack to show weather radar and forecast cards.

Unfortunately, the height of this card seems to just take up the whole space. Even when I add additional cards below it in the stack, they get pushed down and it completely ruins my grid layout.

Even if I use the Square Map option, it still throws off the grid. I have the Aspect Ratio option in each of the Camera Cards (Picture Entity) but not for the Weather Radar card.

Thanks for making this - I replaced a generic radar camera I have been using for some time and this is much, much better!

1 Like

Thanks for the positive thoughts. I would love to have more time to make improvements, but unfortunately for most developers working on open source projects doesn’t pay the bills. I have had to go back to a full time job so will have limited time to work on projects of passion.

I just came across this card and I really like it. High quality one and very easy to set-up!

Thanks a lot for all your efforts.

1 Like

I can’t seem to get this card to work, all I see is a white area. Have tried all the data source choices, map styles etc.
Installed Master version via HACS.
HA Core 2022.12.1

- type: custom:weather-radar-card
        center_latitude: 38.705
        center_longitude: -90.3591
        card_title: Weather Radar
        map_style: Light
        zoom_level: 4
        static_map: false
        show_zoom: false
        square_map: false
        show_recenter: false
        show_playback: false
        show_scale: false
        show_range: false
        extra_labels: false
        data_source: RainViewer-NEXRAD

Same here, using HACS. Nothing but a blank screen. I’m running Home Assistant 2022.12.8. I’ve tried older versions of the card. I’ve tried every server choice and option, but I’m getting nothing. I live in the Southeastern United States.

After some combination of uninstalling, installing (manually or via HACS), rebooting; it worked. :partying_face:

1 Like

Rebooted Home Assistant, and I’m working now. Thanks!

In github page it says

create radar loops of up to at least 24 hours

but I cant seem to figure out how to change the duration that is shown, only the animation speed properties? I would like to show previous 6 hours or so.

What a great card! Thank you so much for sharing.

I found out you can increase the loop by increasing the frame amount.

e.g. setting it to 144 will result in displaying the past 24 hours.

I would like to know if its possible to see the forecast. I couldnt figure out how this is supposed to be done.

2 Likes

just use iframe/webpage card and your public forecast such as NWS in the US. no need to use 3rd party code and also be tied to whatever “rainviewer” is.

1 Like

Hm. Have setup Realtime satellite and rain over UK and Ireland. Sun, clouds, lightning and radar combined in one image.
It works, but how can I show only the “radar screen” and not the top of the webpage, so to speak, OR, incorporate the meteo stream into the existing radar card?

Any way to get the “Projected” radar as well? Or just the past/current?

1 Like

Here is the answer from the developer: Also show forecast, besides history · Issue #7 · Makin-Things/weather-radar-card · GitHub

Hi there
Is there a way to replace center_latitude: and center_longitude: with device_tracker entity?

1 Like

Hello!

I would like to add entites to this map.
Is there any way to add device tracker data to the map to show people on the radar map?

Putting
entities:
- defined entity

Does not work

I am no longer able to maintain this card due to work commitments. Hopefully it continues to work as is, but if it breaks I will not be able to spend any time to fix it.
If someone else wants to fork or be added as an manager I will happily help.

since you are no longer maintaining it, does that mean this has been removed from HACS? I cannot find it there.