New widgets: input slider(horizontal and vertical), input select and light with brightness

there are a few things that are involved in making something like that:

1. the widgetsize needs to be changed to something like 20x200 (which would be bad for all other widgets, but it can be done with a subpage (dash in iframe))
  2. the slider_style can be changed with normal css ( google for css slider)
  3. you need to rearrange the widget components (slidercontainer_style top to 0)

a percentage beside it that is moving will probably be very hard to do. because the value is outside the slider container

another way would be a custom widget

I’m dragging up a slightly older thread here but have been unable to locate the info. Has anyone had success with getting the slider up and running in Hass.io? I can’t locate the variables.yaml file and when I create a blank one, and paste the settings into it as advised, all images disappear from the hadashboard icons on every dashboard…all you see is the ‘button’. Any advice for Hass.io would be greatly received.

input_slider is default in HADashboard, so you dont need to create a custom component for it anymore.
to get any custom widget to work you need a complete custom skin to get it to work.

Thanks mate. Got it working. Cheers.

Does the vertical slider still work? Is it called input_number still? Trying to create a vertical slider and this seems like maybe the best option?

vertical slider should still work with AD 3, might need a small change for AD 4 beta

but vertical slider is a custom widget, which is called vertical_slider

input_number is another widget.

its also possible to use the in built input_slider widget and change the style with slider_style

I can’t find the input_slider widget that is built in. Where would I find this? I see an input_number integration I can configure in the configuration.yaml file.

this topic is about HADashboard which is part from AppDaemon.

appdaemon doesnt have a configuration.yaml, so i think you want the slider in home assistant?
i dont know if that is possible, and when i dont know how.

if you are talking about dashboard then here is the link to the widget docs.
https://appdaemon.readthedocs.io/en/latest/DASHBOARD_CREATION.html#input-slider

Hello everyone.
Can I use the light with brightness widget in appdaemon 4?

the light widget in AD 4 has brightness as default.
only with plus minus signs

my widgets need a little work to work with AD 4

Thanks.
I know but I would like to use a slider.

I tried, but I only get it:

you need to make changes to the yaml file.

everything that is like

{{entity}}

must now be between quotes (a change from the yaml lib) like:

"{{entity}}"

because i dont use most of them anymore i didnt come to it to update the github.

Thank you.
I did it and works.
Regards

1 Like

Hello.
How can I change the slider knob shape and colour?

by using the correct CSS in slider_style.

Is it possible to have the navigate widget opening links in new tabs?

no that isnt possible

Ok, thanks

On dashboard.css ?