New widgets: input slider(horizontal and vertical), input select and light with brightness

this for using input_select

- alias: Set Marantz source
    trigger:
      - platform: state
        entity_id: input_select.marantz_video_select
    condition:
      - condition: template
        value_template: "{{ not is_state_attr('media_player.marantz', 'source', states('input_select.marantz_video_select')) }}"
    action:
      - service: media_player.select_source
        entity_id: media_player.marantz
        data_template:
          source: "{{ states('input_select.marantz_video_select') }}"
1 Like

is there a switch with input slider?

yes there is, i called it heater because i use it for my heating devices.
its on my github

I am planning on adding this, but with some changes from Rene’s version - his ideas inspired me :slight_smile:

1 Like

A switch with input select would be convenient too

if i can think of a use for it, i could think about creating it.

Once you select the input?select entity it will immediately fire a script or toggle/on/off a switch.

you can make an automation do that.
and if the change does trigger it you dont need the switch part to be visible :wink:

what would be cool is to click on a camera feed and make the feed as big as the whole dshboard, click again and goes back small

Overall I like hadashboard much more then floorplan

something like that is already on the planned list.

Great!

I installed this with success

now try to put the ARM DISARM script in hadashboard. ARM is easy, the DISARM script needs to type in a CODE in order to disarm the alarm. How could I do this?

sorry but this has nothing to do with this topic.
please ask your question where it should be.

Good evening,

I think I’m missing something to make the sliders work for my lamp.

I copied your files and put them in etc/config/hadaemon (where my appdaemon.yaml is located) in the folder /custom_widgets like it is written in this long post :slight_smile:

I added like you wrote the code to my hello.dsh file

it says: Unable to find widget type 'baselight_with_brightness"

Am I missing some installation steps ?

In the description you say “place the files in the directory /conf/custom_widgets” does this mean the “custom_widgets” must go in the config folder where the configuration.yaml is located?

Maybe you are expecting some knowledge level which i dont have :slight_smile: I also read the full description of setting up the dashboard and it worked for me…

Thanks, Danke @ all

it might be partly that i am not a native english speaking person :wink:
yeah the folder custom_widgets needs to go in the folder where your appdaemon.yaml is located.
in that folder you need to place the yaml files and the files from the sub folder called baselight_with_brightness

so you get:
etc/config/hadaemon/custom_widgets/light_with_brightness.yaml
etc/config/hadaemon/custom_widgets/base_light_with_brightness/light_with_brightness.css
etc/config/hadaemon/custom_widgets/base_light_with_brightness/light_with_brightness.html
etc/config/hadaemon/custom_widgets/base_light_with_brightness/light_with_brightness.js

und gern gemacht :wink:

Is it possible to create sliders like this? where the left of the slider is blue and the value is on the actual slider?

sliders

1 Like

yeah thats possible.
you need to lookup css for input type=“range” how you can manipulate a slider.
that css can be used in a widget definition.

I figured out the slider, now to figure out the widget part. and link to my devices

in the slider widget you can use:

slider_style:"here goes your slider css"

any valid css will work on that place and will change the look of the slider.
the slider is in a sub container in the widget.
you can change the size or placement from the container by using:

container_style: "valid css"

Did you figured out how to make those sliders?