New widgets: input slider(horizontal and vertical), input select and light with brightness

Ahhh, i did misinterperate that. I appreciate the quick help once again. Dont worry, I know you got enough you want to get done. Im heading on vacation Wed for the next couple weeks so I wont be around here too much unfortunitly (Id rather vacation at home lol)

Have a good holiday if I dont talk to you Rene!

have a nice vacation and enjoy. the house will be there after that :wink:

1 Like

ReneTode, Any ideas as to what could have caused this to happen?

I have re downloaded and replaced the custom widget files incase something was there but no luck. Has been working fine up until today.

Little hard to see in the image but they are colour codes where the bar is and if I edit them the lights change accordingly.

58 PM

which browser are you using?
do they work as expected (except fo the visual problem)?

They work if I have a written colour code so changing #000000 to #0bff05 and pressing enter will change it to a green light.

I am using Safari and for the purpose of this I gave Chrome a test. Works fine in Chrome, issue is only in Safari. however it used to work fine in Safari.

hmm, maybe an update has been for your safari?
i never use safari so i cant test that.

The tablet I use has a chrome browser so I guess it’s fine.

Cheers

1 Like

is this now working?

it was always working

1 Like

I installed yesterday appdaemon (from hassio) where is the color picker or slider?

in my github.
they are not integrated in appdaemon (yet)

You know when they will be integrated?

probably in appdaemon 3.0 beta

Correct - I am planning the beta for the next week or two.

Is there a way to set default brightness when color changed? so it always set to 255 if I changed a color

in HA thats not possinle, but you could create or modify a dashboard widget to do so.
but only when you create or modify a custom widget.

I use a light_with_colorpicker widget, is it then possible to trigger a python script from the widgets yaml file? like with
command: python “blabla”
Under the post_service_active attribute

you can only trigger home assistant services,
so unless you can create a service in home assistant that triggers a python script, its not possible.

I downloaded custom_widget and custom_css and put in

\HASSIO-NUC\config\appdaemon
or
\HASSIO-NUC\config
?

In both cases I add this to my configuration, is not workiong

marantz_video_select:
  widget_type: input_select
  entity: input_select.marantz
  title: Marantz
  title2: video selection
marantz_volume:
  widget_type: new_input_slider
  entity: input_number.marantz_volume
  title: Marantz
  title2: volume

i have no idea about your structure but inside the configuration directory is your appdaemon.yaml
in that directory you need to create a subdirectory called custom_widgets
and inside that directory you need to put the base directory and the yaml file from the widget.