New Xiaomi aqara camera/gateway

This camera would be an awesome item for the system, as it could be used as speaker, camera and bluetooth gateway!
But the way to obtain a token from a aqara gateway is not valid in the camera at the moment, so probably we have to wait until xiaomi releases an update with the possibility of developer mode, because when you try to enter to “local area network communication protocol” from the mi app, It returns “currend device does not support this feature” :frowning:
I would like in any case to know if there is any work in progress, so maybe I can contribute.
Cheers!

Hello
There is another option below “local area network communication protorol” named: “gateway information”.
In it it has two options in Chinese - click the first and you will have option to activate “local area network communication protocol” and you can generate password :slight_smile:
Everything seems to be ok but I can not save the option - when I click “confirm” there is “unknown error”…

2 Likes

You are right! Good discover. I am getting “timeout” instead of “unknown error”, but still dont work

Yes, I also did get timeout and unknown error but there is hope - this option is implemented but something is yet not working right.
Interesting thing is that I didn’t get error with wrong password at hass but sth about incorrect configuration and “Unable to install package PyXiaomiGateway”

I’d love to get this working and run the camera gateway off a USB powerbank so all the sensors and reed switches will still work incase of a power out.
I want to utilise these sensors for a home security system.
Currently I have my Rp3, router and Xiaomi gateway plugged into a UPS.

Following. :slight_smile:

Hi, I was just adding a Xiaomi Philips Lamp to HA and while retrieving the token for said lamp the Mi Toolkit also came up with a token for the Aqara Camera.
Don´t know if the information is of any use, though.

lumi.camera.aq1 - Aqara智能摄像机(网关版)
Cheers and hagd

1 Like

Up…it would very great to add this camer AND gateway to hass.io

2 Likes

+1 for this camera with microphone and speaker!

It would be great if this could work at least as an gateway for the time being :slight_smile:

+1 for camera first of all

+1. Would be great if we could get this implemented into home assistant.

Do you have connect this camera to HA?

oh no, i have two of these cameras, is there any future update coming to integrate the camera and gateway?

1 Like

Almost same here, but I have only one. The worst is that I can’t even use it on motioneye (at least i couldn’t figure out how).

Did anyone else have issues getting this camera to connect… at all?

I’ve got the Mi Home app, but I can’t find the camera to add it. I see the open wireless access point when I look in the Android settings, but no matter what I do, I can’t get it to add, even though the red light is blinking at the top of the camera.

Please check if you have Mainland China in your app settings.

Hello guys.

I bought Aqara camera hub with gateway like this, https://www.gearbest.com/ip-cameras/pp_978606.html?wid=1433363

When I discovered hidden options I tried to enable lumi mode and it is not possible to save the configuration. I have reached ‘request time out’. Is there anyone knows how to connect it to hass ?

Yep, definitely Mainland China, as I had to do that to set up the gateway (the non-camera Zigbee gateway).

I’m currently pawing through the decompiled APK to try and see how to manually connect it. Port 23 (telnet) is open on the device, so I’m thinking that’s the key to setting this up without needing the app.

1 Like

The telnet port is open in original firmware ? Good to hear that If it could be possible to set lumi mode and key by telnet. I will check it this week.

What about UART-Serial connection ? anyone tries ?

btw. Do you have any spacial character in name or password in WiFi configuration ?
Are you using 2,4 GHz ? because 5GHz is not supported

Nope, 2.4GHz network. Password has an exclamation point in it, but the Mi Home app never gets to the point where I can pick which WiFi network I want, let alone to the point where I can put my WiFi network password in.

And I think it’s the camera which has that port open. I just ran nmap 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.254 to scan the whole subnet, and that port on 192.168.1.1 was the only thing that was returned. I put in my Linux username and password to ensure I wasn’t accidentally connecting to my own device, but it didn’t accept it, so I assume that’s the camera.

I scoured through the APK to try and find the password, but couldn’t find much. When I have a moment I might try and find the firmware file and run it through strings or binwalk or something to see if it’s in there. I also tried hooking up my monitor-mode enabled WiFi dongle and capturing some Wireshark packets, but that yielded me nothing of use.