Newbie idiot to HA and ZHA, currently battling LEDVANCE Bulbs

Hi there guys.

I a, newbie to HA and and have bought a conbee II ZHA stick. I also have several LEDVANCE smart+ bulbs which work with Alexa.

I am trying to add these to ZHA and cannot get ZHA to connect to them.

Please can you guys give me the idiots guide to adding LEDVANCE bulbs to ZHA?

Thanks Al.

Start with describing the actual issue and enrich your report with relevant excerpts from the logs.

i found the osram and ledadvance bulbs a bit of a pain to get in to pairing mode for homeassistant if they are connected to your alea as the zigbee hub set homeassistant to search for zigbee devices then open the alexa app and remove the bulb it should put it in to pairing mode and hopefully it will join to your conbee stick

I have alot of these bulbs and have not had an issue pairing… do they flash when you initially turn them on? I would try factory resetting and adding again…

a) Resetting SMART+ Zigbee Light Link lamps:
To reset a SMART+ Zigbee Light Link lamp to factory setting, switch it ON for five seconds then OFF for five seconds five times in succession. Then switch on again and wait until the lamp flashes once briefly as confirmation. The SMART+ Zigbee lamp can now be added to a smart home system again.

b) Resetting SMART+ Zigbee 3.0 RGBW lamps:
To reset a SMART+ Zigbee 3.0 RGBW lamp to factory setting, switch it ON for five seconds then OFF for five seconds five times in succession. When switched on again, the lamp flashes blue, green and red as confirmation and can now be added to a smart home system again.

c) Resetting SMART+ Zigbee 3.0 Tunable White lamps:
To reset a SMART+ Zigbee 3.0 Tunable White lamp to factory setting, switch it ON for five seconds then OFF for five seconds five times in succession. When switched on again, the lamp flashes two times cold white and warm white as confirmation and can now be added to a smart home system again.

d) Resetting SMART+ Zigbee 3.0 Dimmable lamps:
To reset a SMART+ Zigbee 3.0 Dimmable lamp to factory setting, switch it ON for five seconds then OFF for five seconds five times in succession. When switched on again, the lamp dims three times up and down as confirmation and can now be added to a smart home system again.

1 Like

Sadly there are no logs that show up that the ZHA search for new devices did not find anything.

I am not sure how you would like me to describe this in more detail.

Hi Bartem.

Thanks for the message. I reset one of the bulbs now. The bulbs cycles through colours, blue, red and green and then goes to steady white. Did several searches on ZHA and it didn’t detect the bulb.

I got some Zigbee motion sensors which ZHA does detect.

Could LEDVANCE have bulbs that are not Zigbee?

Thanks Al.

Hi Grom. I tried removing them from Alexa. Sadly same result. I am starting to. Think I was duped on the LEDVANCE bulbs.

Ledvance has zigbee, wifi, and Bluetooth bulbs… there is a sylvania app for each respective type of bulb. Do you not have the packaging?
I had some sylvania WiFi bulbs I bought on accident and was able to use localtuya to control them…

Hi Bartem, I have some of the smart wifi plus bulbs too and was wondering how you got them to connect ?

Thanks but how did you get the bulbs connected to the tuya app ? mine are connected to the silvania app /the ledvance smart wifi app.

There is instructions in the linked post… the first link takes you to the thread which talks about it… the second takes you to the GitHub repo that has instructions

Yeah I saw that but it doesnt say how to link the wifi bulbs to the tuya app does it ?

I tried that but the tuya cli just doesnt find the bulbs, got any idea why ?
that’s the error I get

Ă— Device(s) failed to be registered!
Error: Timed out waiting for devices to connect.
    at TuyaLinkWizard.linkDevice (C:\Users\krona\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@tuyapi\cli\node_modules\@tuyapi\link\index.js:117:17)
    at runMicrotasks (<anonymous>)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
    at async link (C:\Users\krona\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@tuyapi\cli\lib\link.js:47:19)

There is a list of possible causes for that error in the troubleshooting section of the repo

Yeah I tried all those steps, but it sadly still doesnt work, do you have any ideas what I could do ?

Try reading this post and a few posts after it also…

a few people mention having to reset the bulbs a couple times in order to get them to “fast blink”… also when I did it I ended up doing it only one bulb at a time which seemed to work a little better.

I tried resetting it about 10 times already and 1 at a time too, I guess its just not supposed to work

What command are you using the tuya-cli wizard or the tuya-cli link

tuya-cli link --ssid network name --password password --api-key apikey --api-secret api secret --schema shema --region eu

And I am getting the api key and api secret from the tuya iot plattform website
Unbenannt