NFC Automation - Unable to Save Tag Into Automation

Hi Folks, First post so please go easy on me :). I haven’t been able to find anything that matches this in existing posts.

Currently my limited set of automations are managed via the UI. I’ve not yet delved into YAML.

The issue is that I have had an automation set-up that when the NFC tag is selected it toggles a smart switch. That then lets my daughter use it for switching on and off a phone charger.

For some reason this has stopped working, when I look at the automation in the UI the trigger section is now unable to populate the Tag with the existing tag that’s been used, I can select the tag and press save but that doesn’t do anything. As soon as I leave/come back to the UI it’s blank again.

It appears to be a similar issue to the following - NFS Tag Automations don't get saved but in that instance the issue manifests itself with the action and not the trigger.

Any suggestions?

Thanks In Advance

Nodds

4 Likes

Did you solve? I have the same issue, when press save button and back to menu, the info doesn’t show, but automations.yaml keep info…

I am having same issue, Do anyone have clue how to fix it ?

Anyone got it resolved?

I’m running Home Assistant 2023.9.3 / Frontend 20230911.0 - latest and this issue as described above is still there. I can’t save an automation as it just comes up with a rename popup. Is there any other way to get the tags to work and execute a routine?

That issue is still active.

same here … any solution on that ?

Same issue today with last docker build.