Nimly lock, with Zigbee module

Hi,

Anyone tried to integrate a Nimly Touch Pro lock (together with the Zigbee adapter)

It looks quite good a and I like that they use standard MIFARE tags

If they use mifare tags, that sounds like the security equivalent of just leaving the door open :wink:

It uses MFA so it is not just the MIFARE classic. It uses Fingerprint or PIN also.

Hi!

Did you have any luck with the Nimly Touch Pro lock?

No, I have not bought it yet. But I think I will, It stands between this and the ID lock. I have not found any other with local API for the Swedish market.

Hi!
I bought the Nimly Touch Pro with the Zigbee module.
I had no issues paring the lock to a USB Conbee 2 stick.
It shows up in HA automatically as a Zigbee device.
It shows the history locked/unlocked and it it possible to lock/unlock from HA.
I had no issues.

2 Likes

@Ellak , is there a way to see who opened/closed the door based on pin or finger print?

Have you tried it with “different size” fingerprints? Some seems to have trouble with small kids and their tiny fingers.

Which controller software did you use? Zigbee2mqtt? Ha-Native?

I’m interested in this lock as well. Looks very promising.

@Ellak It would be very interesting to hear more about your experiences.

I bought one, it was easy to install in the door. There was no problem to pair it either, I´m using HA Skyconnect and HA-Naitive.

Sounds great.

Is it possible to get notifications of who unlocked the door to create notifications from it? Are you able to configure all settings through HA, or do you need the gateway as well?

What I could find out you could only see the status and lock/unlock it. You don´t see who did it. You can not configure anything from HA

Thank you. Great that the basic functions are there, the ones you need really. Though, it would be nice to be able to do some more automation based on the person, specially if it’s a non-family member that unlocks the door. For the sake of easier configuration I guess it would be convenient to get the gateway as well.

Hopefully there will be more functions available in HA in the future, but maybe there is a need for some kind of integration for that.

I bought it also and it was no problem to install or pair with native ZHA. But still I want to add more to it. It is possible to edit the settings thru the interface in ZHA but have anyone tried it? I don’t know what the parameters are, several of them.

Is there anyone here that is able to receive the notifications wether HOW/WHO unlocked the door? I get lock-state, etc, but I get no information regarding which method unlocked the lock, or which “userid” unlocked, and according to nimly support, that should be sent via zigbee…

1 Like

I have the Nimly Touch Pro with the Zigbee module.
I am running Zigbee2Mqtt with a USB Conbee 2 stick.
Unfortunately, the lock shows up as unsupported, even though I have tried adding it again.

Has anyone got the lock working with Zigbee2Mqtt?

Update:
The lock is now properly identified. I just let it be, and when I checked Z2M after a week it was OK.
Maybe a reboot due to updates during the week solved the issue.

Had this lock+module working with ZHA for a few weeks but decided to switch to Z2M.
All my other Zigbee devices is discovered without issues but the lock refuses to show up/pair.

Any ideas on what can be the reason?

That´s something I would like to get also. If it´s available through zigbee it should be possible to get it out. It shuld also be great if it would be possible to lock it in “away” mode.

1 Like

It will depend on the firmware of your zigbee module. I got the reseller to provide me with an updated chip, and that one followed the described behavior to start attempting association when the battery is replaced.
The old one, I had to open the lock and press the little button on the chip until it starts blinking rapidly, and then release. It took me quite a few attempts until it worked, but eventually I got it to associate to z2m.

I did think that the new firmware would solve the issues I mentioned above, but I still can not get any info on Who/How the lock was unlocked.