[NL BE] Kruidvat Smart Home Tuya based

No experience on the dual plug, using a Tellur dual plug myself and have no issues when I adopt it with Local Tuya.

I’m trying my luck on the Kruidvat motion sensor, but noticed that it has a down time after each detection for a few minutes… showstopper for me for the moment but a logic choice as the motion sensor works on a battery. So to save power they go in sleep mode after detection.

Yep, located in Belgium-Antwerp :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok all ready to go. Serial setup via arduino is ready.
Which program to flash to the homeplug?
I have to do it OTA as will be difficult to unsolder the chip.

If you have to use OTA, then you can use ESPHome integration.
No need to solder, nor to swap the chip.

You don’t need to desolder the chip.

You have to connect

3v3 > 3v3
RX > TX
TX > RX
GND > GND
GPIO0 > GND

Also, best serial TTL adapter imo is the one with a CP2102 chip on it.

Also, can you share pictures of the insides off the plug? Were there screws on the plug to open it, or was it friction fit?

If you want to flash it without opening, just use Tuyaconvert. Except, that doesn’t work on RTL devices.

The plug can be opened with a tool for opening iphone or small screwdriver. What program to be flashed?

For the dual plug I just used the OTA flasher following this guide: Tuya-Convert guide - OTA flashing of smart bulbs and plugs - Everything Smart Home

With OTA you don’t need to open the device at all, it’s over-the-air :smile:

If the device has already been updated you might run into some issues because tuya has tried preventing people from flashing OTA, in that case I think you will have to open up the device to flash it. I’d still give it a try though before messing with serial.

This one look like the same product as Woox R6080 but without ground

You can use ESPFlash tool and you just have to solder some wires like I mentioned earlier.

Else, you can use probably use TuyaConvert. Should work also. It’s the same Tuya chip used in the LSC Plugs. I’ve flashed a couple of them via TuyaConvert and a few via serials because some of them didn’t want to

Ok will try later, but want first to understand what to flash etc. Also what is tasmota etc…
What program/instructions to flash etc.
All input is welcome. Then I keep you in the loop of the progress.
Aim is the arrive in a plug controllable by home assistant.
Like ESP8266 based DIY Smart Plug to Make Your Home Appliances IoT Enabled

What I’m learning.

@ MunkeyBalls
You can’t use OTA as you first need to flash it with code enable to this.

You can program with,
LUA
ESPhome
Tamotizer
Tuyaconvert

any input?

@guidolavespa63

The flashing part is mostly universal for these devices.

You should look up the official guides and wikis on the tasmota or esphome websites.

Also, good to know. ESPhome is acquired by Nabu Casa(HA). So for you as beginner in that stuff, I would use that. The ease of setting up devices and copying configurations from one device to another is very nice.

Learning curve, yeah. But worth it, if you’d ask me.

As far I’m reading and learning I will:
Solder wires on the ESP module and flash it with firmware like explained in Arduino
Then I will be able to upload further programs with OTA
and make my plug connection with Home assistant.

Is the correct?

The TYW3S chip is the same as the TYW2S(yours). So you can follow that wiring.

Here is the wiring: TuyaMCU Devices - Tasmota

Also.

ESPhome is a piece of software that lets you create a configuration for a type of device that you are using. After creating your own “YAML” file, you can create a BIN(flashable file). Flash that with Espeasy Flasher.

Thén you can upload firmware OTA.

I would also recommend to create your own topic if you need help with this. This is kinda hijacking this thread.

Did you try to follow the guide I linked? I’ve already converted 2 Kruidvat Dual Plugs OTA using this guide without any issues. Note: I didn’t update the plugs or connect them via the app prior to flashing. Updating will probably block your ability to flash them OTA.

Here’s another guide which includes the steps to convert from tasmota to ESPHome: https://www.esphome-devices.com/guides/tuya-convert
Flash Tuya Smartlife Devices - No Soldering - Tuya Convert 2 - Remove the cloud with Tasmota ESPHome - YouTube

1 Like

Hi, as suggested by tuncaya I started new topic on the forum.
And no did not do it yet.
Still learning and reading…
I want to understand all the different possibilities.

I think you are trying to invent the wheel all over again. Visit the website shared with you earlier. That’s all the info you need. If you want any visual guidance, just check YouTube. Search for “TuyaConvert”

Sure you can create a new thread, but I feel like you need to watch some tutorials and read some more. If you are an absolute beginner, start there.

I want to understand:

1. How to make a sketch to upload from Arduino. Can you save or check the actual data in the ESP?
  2. With Tasmota you just upload some parameters…?
  3. Who to get the power measurement data working?
    I have already seen more then 50 youtube films…

Did my first experiment with NodeMCU

with success; The led’s are blinking.

working…perfect