[NL BE] Kruidvat Smart Home Tuya based

I have ordered a CP2102, that one should be able to program the TYW3S, or at least the ESP12S board I have ordered for the Doorsensor. I’ll update when I receive the usb to serial adapter. In my case, I will be replacing the TYW3S.

Is it easy to pry open the Kruidvat Smart bulbs? Any instructions on how to do that?

1 Like

De gok gewaagd en zonder problemen de Kruidvat Smart Dual Plug van 14,99 geflashed met Tasmota via Tuya-Convert (standaard instellingen). Blijkbaar draait de oude Tuya firmware er dus nog op! Belangrijk is wel om NIET de kruidvat / tuya app te installeren, dan krijg je dit niet voor elkaar.

3 Likes

Werkende template:
{“NAME”:“Kruidvat Dual Plug”,“GPIO”:[3840,0,0,0,32,0,0,0,224,33,0,225,0,0],“FLAG”:0,“BASE”:1}

Hierbij is de led van de button wel uit (gpio0 -> ouput high) maar helaas krijg ik het niet voor elkaar om de indicator-leds van het relay los te bedienen en hier komt helaas een enorme bak licht af. Wees gewaarschuwd!

3 Likes

You could take a look at https://tasmota.github.io/docs/devices/Mirabella-Genio-Bulb/ . Maybe you can partly follow their instructions.

Thanks for sharing. But that is for Tasmota isn’t it? This thread is about ESPhome. Just mentioning this for people who stumble upon here.

Ah sorry, you are right. But you can flash it the same way with ESPEasy, just don’t use the tasmota template :-). Also tested the E27 and E14 White/Warm White lamps from Kruidvat. They contain the WR3L (RTL8710BX) chip and are NOT flashable.
This was also the case in the LSC line-up from Aldi so my best guess is that the colored E27 version also isn’t flashable, but the E14 Kruidvat colored version and the Kruidvat Filament lamp series won’t be a problem (like the LSC’s).

Correction, I took the white/warm white e14 apart and it contains a flashable chip! Just with a version thats not flashable over the air. You can flash them with these instructions:

A bit to fidgety for me I’m afraid :slight_smile:

Soooo. I ordered a CP2102 and… it flashed my ESP12 successfully! Somehow my CH340’s did not work on it.

It should also work on a TYW3S. Will try it later today and report as soon as possible

Nice! I keep follow your progress :smiley:

So, I managed to flash the TYW3S successfully with the usb to serial adapter (CP2102). Yay!

Digiblur explains indeed more about this. He is also baffled about this. It seems like magic xD. Someone can explain why a CH340 doesn’t work but a CP2102 works?

Digiblur’s Video:

CP2102 Magic? No mods, no soldering | Flash the ESP8266 TuyaMCU Dimmer

Except I can’t figure out the config for the sensor…

I found this. It’s the same device, but couldnt get it to work with their settings. Even with the pre-compiled custom binary.

It just doesn’t come online. No AP. Nothing. This only happens if I solder the module back on the device. It gets power, but no response when activating the reed switch on it.

Yes I tried different batteries… xD

That is a difficult problem… I the GPIO0 or reset low on boot?

I’ll research further. Will add my progress again to this thread if I find anything.

I tried flashing a Kruidvat E14 Filament light today using the ota functionality of the tuya-convert docker. But no luck, the light goes from fast blinking to steady but it refuses to go to the second step so that i can flash it with my esphome firmware package. I have disassembled an Action LSC Filament light before (which is the exact same model) and it’s nearly impossible to reassemble it again since you have to pull the live and ground wire from the base. So i’m not gonna even try it with this light.

Any luck on getting them to work via de Local Tuya add on?
Guess it will be possible because they should also work with the smart life app, no?

If so, you can extract there local key for setup in Local Tuya…

Yeah, thanks for that. I just got into local Tuya. Grabbed some keys for Tuya devices that aren’t possible to flash (LSC, Action) . That process works pretty straight forward.

I used the method from this video.
Worked pretty good for my Teckin plugs.
I guess that this method will work for any device that can be used in the smart life app.

Thanks, this was very helpful. I managed to flash the Kruidvat Dual Plug using TuyaConvert OTA and used your template. I noticed however the second plug is turning itself on and off throughout the day (for whatever reason it only happens on #2). When investigating the tasmota logs it turns out that the button is triggering by itself.

16:04:26.320 APP: Button2 multi-press 1
16:04:27.338 SRC: Button
16:04:27.344 MQT: stat/tasmota_306AE3/RESULT = {"POWER2":"OFF"}
16:04:27.349 MQT: stat/tasmota_306AE3/POWER2 = OFF

Did anyone else run into this issue? I’ve so far tried to increase the ButtonDebounce setting to 350 but it was still triggering. Right now I set it to 1000 (max) and keeping an eye on it.

Another thing to anyone flashing tasmota: make super sure you have entered the right wifi ssid/pass when doing the initial setup. I know it says this in the guide in allcaps, but ofcourse I managed to mess up my ssid/pass combination and I was unable to reset the device. The only way I could fix it was setting up a new access point with the correct ssid/pass. Has anyone managed to get resetting the device working by using holding the buttons or doing the 6 times power cycling method? Reading the documentation it sounded like this should be enabled by default, but somehow it wasn’t working and almost bricked my device.

Sadly setting the ButtonDebounce to 1000 did not have any effect, it’s still turning itself on/off.
I’ll hold off on flashing the rest of my devices, any suggestions on fixing this issue is appreciated.

My next step will probably be trying to disable to button completely so it no longer toggles power of the device…

EDIT: After doing a reset 5 and ButtonDebounce 999 it hasn’t “ghost triggered” in 12 hours… fingers crossed…

Happy to hear that others are also busy with “KRUIDVAT” plug. I’m a novice and still learning how to…
The members here must be from België of Nederland denk ik?
Ik ben bezig met een homeplug …is al open.