No climate entities for certain Danfoss devices - solved or what...?

Hi there, community -

Does anyone know if this issue :point_down: relating to climate entities in Danfoss LC-13’s - which seems to be about three years old - has found a solution?

I’m having problems with such devices (I posted about it before, although possibly with insufficient clarity), any hint as to how to fix would be lovely.

I should note I’m VERY MUCH not a developer or code-savvy. I don’t even know how Github works, so if the answer to my question is in the github entry, it eludes me. I could probably find out how to edit a file (say, with Visual Studio Code), but I’d need a firm shove in the correct direction :grin:

Any help greatly appreciated!
:pray: :slight_smile:

That issue is irrelevant as it is for the Legacy Z-Wave integration. The new Z-Wave-JS-based implementation shares some of the same ideas, but the code implementation is vastly different. Perhaps you should include more information in your other post.

2 Likes

Just to let you know I have a system with about ten LC-13 (my home has 8 bedrooms) and home assistant with LC-13 using the new z-wave integration in HA works well, including temperature reporting.

One warning older Danfoss devices did not have temperature reporting at all. If you have the old firmware you are out of luck and will need a second device for temperature reporting, like the Sonos temp sensor if you have Zigbee. I’m slowly moving to Zigbee 3.0, I have had nothing but trouble with z-wave (over five years) but also their devices are MUCH more costly than Zigbee.

Z-wave could have been THE standard but they blew it by being too closed and too greedy imho.

Hi, similar issue with my Danfoss LC-13 TRVs… pretty much no relevant entities showed when integrated via Z-WAVE. However, when using the same TRV with original Danfoss CC Link control panel, it does report the actua temperature there and other attributes. Any luck that someone knows how to “decode” it for HA?