No entities for Zemismart Tubular roller blind Zigbee 3.0 - M2805EGBZTN

cheers just what i’m looking for ,quite hard to find info on the remote other then pairing !
had them on the tuya app , but h/a in local and v2 integration couldn’t get them showing ,
so thought i’d go direct and now at least have them in scenes
only just seen that using the c key operates a set at once ! ,
i’ve got a slightly different remote with a lcd ,would like to turn a single channel in a 3 channel

Okay, my remote is 5 channel.

Before I had all my curtains on the tuya gateway and then with tuya integration to home assistant. I could then control them with scenes.

But recently these roller blinds have now gotten support directly in HA. So I’ve deleted my tuya integration, and repaired all the rollerblinds directly to HA using my Conbee 2 USB. It works great, and I’m very happy all my stuff no speaks directly with HA, so I don’t need ANY hubs / gateways except the Conbee USB.

hi! how did you managed to pair de physical remote with the motor without the official Tuya app??? I here have home assistant only. don’t have the Tuya hub.

I’ve been puzzling over this, the manufacturer’s documentation is obviously fairly limited, but some reading around combined with the supplied manual means the process to get it working fully is as follows:

• Press Motor Set button (on the motor cap) 5x times to factory reset
  • Put ZHA in pairing mode and press it again 3x times to pair. The buttons in HA then work to move it up and down, however the position is not calibrated so it will show an incorrect value.

We need to use the 433Mhz remote to calibrate it: (if you about to buy one then it’s very important to get a remote even if you plan to automate it!)

• To pair the remote, press the Motor Set 1x and then hold the up button and the motor should move a little bit. The remote can now be used to move it up and down manually.

To set the limits:

• Move the blind to the position you want the limit, using the up/down/stop buttons.
  • Press the Set button on rear of remote 1x and then either the up, down or stop buttons to set the top bottom or middle limits as appropriate. The blind will move slightly to confirm.
  • I’m pretty sure that you need to set a top and bottom before a middle position. I don’t know if a “middle” position is important at all, but there’s no harm in setting it.

To delete a limit (eg. if you want to move it up or down a bit):

• Press the set button (on rear of remote) 3x times and press either the up, down or stop buttons to delete the top bottom or middle limits as appropriate. As the instructions say, the middle limit is deleted if either the top or bottom limits are deleted.

After setting the limits, the current_position attribute shows correctly in in HA!

These are incredible devices for the money, I’m very impressed. I have a 2.5x2.5m lightweight blind and it moves it pretty well, although I don’t think it could cope with anything too much larger. The only negative point is that the power cable is only 1.5m, and when removing the end cover the cable disappears inside so it’s not going to be easy to replace, so using a junction box is the only real solution.

edit: The exact device I have is this one and it shows as " _TZE200_fzo2pocs TS0601" in ZHA,

9 Likes

Thanks!!!

Hi Everyone.
I have a similar issue here, slightly different blind from the same vendor but the same device signature.

In my case I am pairing an RF bridge to a blind motor rather than directly to the blind motor. The pairing works but I have no up/down/stop control (which I need to pair the RF part of the bridge to the blind motor).

My question for anyone who has this motor running is what entities do you get for the motor? Do you get an up/down/stop button?

I can say having it connected with zigbee directly to my conbee 2 stick, Home Assistant recognise it as a curtain, and I get entites up/down/stop. I can also set a position. I have my home assistant linked with Google Home, so if I ask Googel to set the curtain to 30%, it will. If I then says 40%, it extends 10%. So it knows the position of the curtain.

1 Like

Did you previously set up the endstops? I’m curious how it knows where it is position-wise.

is it 433mhz?? would help if I read the controller commands using an Arduino?

Thanks but I am ok on the RF front.
I have captured the RF on a Broadlink and got that to work, but these dongles are a much cheaper alternative when you have many shades around the house. All the RF is very short range and does not travel through thick brick walls.

I have to discover the right zigbee command to the dongle to make it pair to the remote.
And I have to look at other ZHA implementations and see there is a config mechanism, the user needs a way to specify HA to send repeat RF signals for better reliability. On the Broadlink I send 4 times.

Yes, just using the RF remote I set the end stops and motor direction.
I don’t think intermediate points will work that well though, see my post below about needing to resent the RF signal to get good reliable open/close operation. I find this on these RF remotes, dongles and the broadlink.

Thank you for your manual! This helped me a lot. Now roller shades works perfect)

Is 433.92 MHz is says. Should work, I think

I’m considering purchasing a number of these. Are they now fully working with ZHA?
Are the remotes pairable?
Would the tuya hub be needed to reverse direction if needed or can this be done within ZHA?

Lastly… Is it much hassle to swap an existing chain off the tube? Is it pop off and then pop the motor in? Would it go back on existing brackets or would they need to be swapped? Obviously much lower cost to go DIY route than professional (and not locked to any proprietary hubs).

There’s a few different versions around, but if you get one like the one I liked I can confirm I’ve had it running for weeks now with no issues. I currently just have it set to come up and down with the sun and it just works.

I’m not sure about reversing the direction, I didn’t need to do anything, it might be possible via the remote perhaps? Certainly the blind can be set up and used with just the remote.

Putting it up was easy, I just removed the existing chain end cap and pushed the motor in. It comes with two brackets, but you only need to use the motor end one really. The mounting holes were spaced differently to my existing brackets and I drilled new holes because the brackets were screwed into concrete and I had zero intentions of drilling new holes! The motor is designed to fit a 37/38mm tube, which I imagine is pretty standard worldwide. It has splines which drive against the inner lip where the blind fabric is mounted,

Thanks for that I’m looking at the rechargeable version.

My main concern was that my blinds are fitted tight to limit of recess so if the motor was wider than the current set up I wouldn’t be able to use them. If it’s just a bracket swap with no change in actual position this will be fine.

Perhaps it will be useful to someone how to pair the 915MHz remote.

Personally I would get the motors with Zigbee built directly into the motor unit. You will get the Up, Stop, Down buttons in Home assistant and you will get the ability to view current position and tell it to go to a certain position.

You must purchase a remote with the motor. I just bought one of the multichannel remotes and used that to program all my motors, no need to get a remote for every motor. You need the remote to set the upper and lower limits, and if you need to insert the motor on the right end of the tube, you will need to use the remote to change the motor programming to be reversed. The good news is that reversing the motor direction is a setting that’s saved in the motor itself and then the up and down controls in Home Assistant will work correctly, even if they were backwards initially after pairing with ZHA.

I used an angle grinder to make the rubber grip end of the motor a smaller diameter to fit inside of Fridans roller shades from IKEA. I had to also 3D print a new end cap due to the smaller tube diameter.

I have found the motor itself to connect into most existing wall mounts, it will really depend on the other side’s cap/mount whether you can resuse existing mounts or have to switch to using the wall mounts that come with the motor.

Great info thanks.

Do you know what the diameter of the motor itself is? (i.e. what’s the max you can take off the end caps!)

Hey All! Have similar problem with a zigbee tubular motor from Ajax online! What is the best course of action ? I use ZHA for reference