No longer a stable connection via duckdns domain

I run three HA setups at three different locations with three different routers, all with a DuckDNS setup. All facing the problem since yesterday… definitely not a „router issue“.

3 Likes

Yepp, same issue since yesterday. :frowning:

Having issues with duckdns resolving, been about 2nd day now, hence reaching out.
I am using haproxy, and needed to find out where the issue could be, thanks for raising this post.

Weird, i have no problems at all with duckdns.

But with google assistant i can’t sync anymore…

I’m also no longer able to connect to my test system using duckdns!
Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-02 um 13.12.46

I thought my domain is maybe not synced with IP from my router and tried to open duckdns.org.

But i also can’t open the website

How can i change back to local URL until the service is working again?

I switched before years from duckdns to cloudflare since the problems with duckdns come again and again.
If you have a spare domain, you can use this as an alternative to duckdns:

Works like a charm, i had 0 problems since i switched.

2 Likes

Now I think about it, it started for me around noon as well. Something might have been deactivated/changed around noon at the 1st of October on their end :see_no_evil: I tried to find a channel where I can find some updates on the issue by the DuckDNS-team, but I cannot find it.

yes it started 18 hours ago with google assistant.
But did not notice yet any connection issue’s with duckdns to any of my hass servers.

Same problem here. I can only reach my home assistant locally. The problems started yesterday. I’ve restarted duckdns several times but unfortunately it won’t work. :frowning:

Yes right now i can’t connect either… weird…

Is there a file where the URL is stored in order to change it back to homeassistant.local:8123?
In mean somewhere in the config folder or another folder which can be accessed via network share.

Ugh, I wasted hours last night trying to fix this. Hope it gets fixed soon.

3 Likes

https://intodns.com/duckdns.org

this is in their FAQ and it does point to an issue with a few of there nameservers

same thing here, I follow

Stupidly posted a github issue before checking here

Its closed now.

I have the same issue and if I disable wifi on my phone, it will connect to HA. Once I reconnect wifi, it will no longer connect. PC browser just hangs and will not load because if is connected via network. Hopefully this gets resolved asap!

Same issue here, it went worse since yesterday. Obviously, they get you correct IP address, but its not added correctly (or not at all) to the nameservers

Having the exact same issue for the past few days, hit and miss. When connection is actually made some features load very slow and some not at all like; Add Ons, Studio Code Server, etc. Hope this gets sorted, but I understand it is a free service.

1 Like

Same for me.

1 Like

Same here in South Africa.
If I ping my xxxx.duckdns.org, I get a random (seemingly previously used) IP address. Flip flops between 3 addresses and ‘could not find…’. Every so often, the ping will hit the correct address, and at that time my browser as well as APP works again. For a short minute or so.
Definitely DNS related.