Not able to get Xiaomi Gateway Key

I am prepared to give someone my login details to see if they can retrieve the token
That will help me see if it’s a localised problem or something else

Anyone want to help?
Paul

You want to share your login details and maybe we can learn key from other mi home app? Right?

I can help you.

Private mail sent

Paul

Sorry guys.

It doesnt work Aqara Hub. Only Xiaomi Gateway. :frowning:

Just want to publicly say Thank you to Burkat for logging into my account to see if we can get to the bottom of this

My Hub is an Xiaomi Quera, and it appears that you cannot get the token if you install this through the home app

I am going to try to try other avenues and will come back when I can

Thanks again BURKAT. Most Appreciated of your time and assistance

Paul

Hi!

I live in th EU and just purchaced the EU Mi Smart Sensor Set (Gateway+ 2 motion sensor + 2 open sensor + 1 button) with Mi Control Hub version DGNWG05SLM, probably a v2.

The default region was Europe for my Mi Home app, that worked well with my S50 Vacuum. When trying to setup the Gateway to work with HA I tried to get the key from the app but under European region there is no “About” option. When switching to Mainland China the connection is unbearably slow. So much so that it usually times out, and I cant even connect the app to the Gateway.

I tried with both Android and iOS. Under Europe, no About, under Mainland China, I time out.
Is there any other way to get the key? Like with the iOS backup trick when connecting the Roborock, or something similar? Without HA the whole purchase is kinda pointless…

Thanks!

4 Likes

Snap

No one seems to be able to help on this

I am still looking for a solution

Paul

A lot of people complain about this on aqara forum but no response. https://community.aqara.com/forum/faq-1/topic/how-to-connect-the-aqara-hub-to-the-network-78

Hi @MrBlowfish

So finally the Gateway arrived in Europe, I cant believe it. For your problem you could try a trick described in the yeelight forum:

People got the chinese Gateway working @ Singapure Server with it. Might be worth a try. Otherwise youll have to wait for an update, that might never come…

@paullayton There is no solution and just the Aqara folks are able to help. Only thing you can do is complain at their forum and hope…

Thanks for the tip!

So basically if I cant resolve this, I screwed myself with purchasing EU products, and should have just keep buying Chinese versions from aliexpress or gearbest. This is soo dumb, I hate when companies do this :confused:

1 Like

Time to ditch Xiaomi am afraid and try some other Zigbee controller and sensors

1 Like

hi
any news on getting the key?
i have a mi controller purchased in Hungary and don’t have “about” option.
also cannot connect at all to china server.
was able to get token but does not replace key
anyone found a solution?

1 Like

Hi everyone.
I found solution how to take token.

1. You need an Android device
  2. Install Mi Home version 5.4.54 (only)
  3. Start the app and login in your account
  4. Use file explorer and navigate to /sdcard/SmartHome/logs/Plug_Devicemanager
  5. Look logfile with a name yyyy-mm-dd.txt and open it
  6. Search for a string with device name, there will be found token in 32 byte format

But for config you need 16 symbol key, when I’m convert it from HEX to ASCII it not worked.
Any idea?

upd: I think what I need to activate local network API

2 Likes

Im in Poland
MiHome 5.5.15
Gateway DGNWG05LM
Android

I have no About options

Did you find a solution? I have the same issue. I’m in Taiwan and have a Chinese version but I still can’t get the key.

Any luck someone?

Any update from someone getting the token ?

Anything new since? Just bought the sensors kit from eu, and unable to see about option from any gateway…

@Tomzmn If you dare and find yourself capable, you can follow these instructions.

Otherwise we have to wait for Xiaomi to implement LAN Access funcionality to this model.

2 Likes

I found a Spanish youtube video with a custom app link that, after installing you could extract all the tokes for all your items. I have it in a separate tablet and the newest version on my phone.

the link is here:

2 Likes