šŸ“¢ Notifications & Announcements

@Blacky
Sure, completely understand and makes sense. Thanks

1 Like

Itā€™s me again with dumb questions probably.:wink:

Iā€™ve loaded the blueprint to speak out if this sensor or motion sensor etc. is activated. On.

When i select which media player there is only one. Itā€™s my fire tablet running fully kiosk. It works and speaks as it should.

Companion app is on my s23 Ultra phone.
Iā€™m using Home Assistant Cloud as the TTS. That and Google translate are also the only two options in that selection.

I also want it to speak on my Samsung S23 Ultra. It is not a media player option. There is none other than the fire tablet.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance. I read the home assistant documents on TTS at least 6 times. :pensive:

@G2740

This will have to come form someone else as I am a full local man to the core and is why I use HA. Itā€™s probably why I develop all my own blueprintsā€¦ full local control :metal:

The only thing I would consider is HA cloud.

Blacky :smiley:

1 Like

Ok, guess i gotta add some things to my green and see if i can get it working local.

Hello
I want to use text to speech with Alexa player but service provider list is empty. There is an issu ?

@Sebibou91

You just need a TTS engine. If you have HA cloud it will be there but if you donā€™t use that you can use Piper as it is an official add on.

Go to Settings > Add-ons > click on Add-on Store > search for Piper and install it. Then once installed you can adjust your settings in the configuration tab in the Piper add-on. Once your happy then select it in the BP.

Enjoy

Hi,
Iā€™ve attached a sonoff door switch on the garage roller door and would like to use it to notify me when the roller door is open and when it is closed/closes. Will this automation be able to alert both a ā€œgarage door openā€ and then a ā€œgarage door closedā€ alert when it is closed?

Or is there another automation suited to my use case?

Secondly, for another applicationā€¦ Lets say if I try to use this for a letterbox notification. I can use a motion sensor to detect when a letter passes by it into the letterbox, and then have this automation send the announcement. Is it possible to have a persistent notification come through (say approx once an hr), and or have the ability to acknowledge the message which cancels the automation?

Or once again, is there another automation more suited to this use case?

Thank you
JK

Initial release 1.2

:new: Update Input - Time Delay

• Time Delay - Added option to select hours, minutes and seconds to give more options in your time delay.

:warning: If you previously used the time delay and you update to this new version you will need to re select your time delay.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

1 Like

@JK200SX

Hi John,

Have a look at :round_pushpin: State Notifications & Actions Blueprint. It includes ā€œStartā€ and ā€œEndā€ states with action buttons and associated actions. ā€œStartā€ for when the garage is open and ā€œEndā€ for when the garage is closed.

Iā€™m planning to add a recurring message option to keep reminding you until the task is done, though I donā€™t have a timeline for that feature yet.

That said, this blueprint should still be useful for your needs.

1 Like

Hi, iā€™m using HAOS and i followed your instructions and even restarted Home Assistant after installing Piper (which is started), but i canā€™t select it in the ā€œText-to-Speech Service Providerā€ field. Did i miss anything ?

@Chartreusito

Once you installed piper go into the add on and the documentation page tab at the top. You will see the belowā€¦ there you will have to install Wyomingā€¦ it should be auto discovered in settings > device & services

1 Like