📢 Notifications & Announcements

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

GitHub Link Click Here

State your trigger and spread the word :speech_balloon: :sound:

Like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button below :+1:

Version: 1.0 :fire:

Need help? :eyes: See our FAQ: Click Here

:newspaper: The Automation Process:

• Trigger Options:

• Specify the state change of one or more entities that will initiate the automation from a dropdown list. You can also specify your own custom state if it is not available from the dropdown list.
    • State Change Options: The available state changes include:
      • General States: Button or any state, ON, OFF, Unavailable or Unknown
      • Location-Based States: Home or Not Home
      • Numeric States: Numeric state above, Numeric state below or Numeric state above & below
  • Notification Options:

• Opt to send messages to one or multiple devices. Compatible with Apple iOS and Android devices.
    • Opt to display your notifications directly within the Home Assistant user interface (UI).
    • Opt to send Text-to-Speech Announcement to your selected media players.
  • Time-Based Automation:

• Specify precise start and end times along with weekday selections to define when the automation can run.
  • Custom Conditions:

• Enter any custom conditions to further customize the automation process.

:rocket: CHANGELOG

:shield: MY OTHER BLUEPRINTS

:bulb: Sensor Light - Motion Sensor - Door Sensor - Sun Elevation - LUX Value - Scenes - Time
:infinity: Sensor Light Add On - Media & Movie Lights - House Alarm Lights - Smoke Alarm Lights & Exhaust Fans + More
:shower: Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan
:low_battery: Low Battery Notifications & Actions
:vibration_mode: Appliance Notifications & Actions - Washing Machine - Clothes Dryer - Dish Washer - ETC
:calendar: Calendar Notifications & Actions
:round_pushpin: State Notifications & Actions
:toilet: Toilet Exhaust Fan with time delay
:hourglass_flowing_sand: Entity - Run ON Timer
:stopwatch: Trigger - Run ON Timer
:gear: Turn Light, Switch or Scene On & Off with Trigger Conditions
:magic_wand: Manual light control with auto OFF
:door: Closet, Pantry, and Cupboard Lighting
:timer_clock: Timer
:thermometer: Temperature Control Exhaust Fan
:snowflake: Temperature Control Exhaust Fan - Inverted
:eight_spoked_asterisk: Toggle Switch - Turn ON & OFF Entities
:nazar_amulet: Press Button - Turn ON & OFF Entities
:on: Switch - Turn ON & OFF Entities

Like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button below :+1:

6 Likes

FAQ

Below are the FAQ question and some tips.

Q: How can I set what triggered the notification in the message.

A: Please follow these steps Click Here

Initial release 1.0

I have been using this blueprint every day for over a year now and I thought I would clean it up and share it with the community. Hope you like it.

Some use cases:

1. Dinner is ready call: I have created a button helper and put it into a dashboard. When dinner is ready we push the button that notifies everyone’s phones and they all come running. I have set the time condition so if I accidentally press the button at night they all don’t get woken up… Don’t ask me how I know this :pensive: I have now set the time options from 5pm to 9pm every day. Out of those hours it will be blocked :wink: :+1:
  2. Fridge High Temp: If the fridge goes above 7 deg we get a notification.
  3. Location-Based States If your children go to school and you would like to know when they get home. Again you can set the time options so you don’t get messages all the time.
  4. Water Leak Sensors: Have a water leak? Get notified.
  5. Plants Moisture Level: When do you need to water the plants? Get notified.
  6. Doorbell: Someone at the door? Get notified.
  7. Person: Welcome home message only at night.

You get the idea.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

FAQ - How can I set what triggered the notification in the message.

You may have multiple entities used for your trigger as it help reduce down the amount of automation you have but you still would like to customize the message so you know what happened. They could be;

• Sensors that keep going unavailable
  • Water leak sensors
  • Plants moisture sensors
  • Etc

Lets look at how we can report what happened.

We will use this code in our message. It will report the friendly name of the entity in your message that triggered the automation.

{{ states[trigger.entity_id].attributes.friendly_name }}

This is how it would look in your message.

Now you will know what triggered the automation. You can use this in any message so your UI or Text-to-Speech message will work to.

Enjoy

Blacky :smiley:

Back to FAQ: Click Here

ohhh that’s great.

Few suggestion (to discuss):

1. notification via speaker based on presence (a) via zone.home to allow speaker to be used only if person are at home b) via motion-presence sensor to select media_player closed). Example: tts message to be sent only to room x-y that are occupied.
  2. being able to set speaker sound for every message and generally speaker volume based on time of the day. Example: volume is 0.2 early morning then in set to 0.5 for some critical notification and then restore to 0.2 for other cases (wake up music for example)
    2a) being able to silence speakers during night or nap tipe
    2b) being able to skip DND for critical notifications (example for safety reason “the fridge is unpowered” )
  3. add also telegram/signal to receive text message so we can have a general log of what happened in a range of time
  4. able to add image to notification (example meteo alert with radar image)
  5. being able to restore music after the announcement is ended

@Jokerigno

Thanks for your suggestions, I will add them to my list.

1 Like

Hi @Blacky added points 2a and 2b to the wishlist. :slight_smile:

@Jokerigno

2a you can use the time.

The rest I have been busy.

Sure I just thought to add to the hypothetical roadmap but absolutely I don’t want to rush