Novy remote control in HA using RFXTRX?

Yes, indeed. Control of ventilation units & hoods is not implemented in Home Assistant in any way. This could be remedied by allowing HA to simulate the buttons on the remote, but currently this is not available.

Thomas

Potentially. However, in this case there is no state feedback from the hood I doubt you will get this into an official integration. A starting point could be my appdaemon app novy_hood/novy.py at master · tnagels/novy_hood (github.com), but this has Tradfri control integrated. I use this as you can’t combine HA control and direct control with the hood remote. If there is enough interest I’m willing to look into making this more universally usable.

Thomas

Hi all,

I would like to add my Novy hood through HA - Node-red…
17/02/2021 02:56:48:631= Fan command: 08 17 0B 3B 00 00 03 04 00

Packettype = Fan
subtype = Novy
Sequence nbr = 59
ID = 4
Command = Light
Signal level = +13 dBm !

17/02/2021 02:56:48:990= 0402013B00
Packettype = Receiver/Transmitter Message
subtype = Transmitter Response
Sequence nbr = 59
response = ACK, data correct transmitted

What do I need more / need to do to get this working in Node-RED?

Anybody still here…,?

Hi Harrie,

Is it easy to remove the hood? We have a new kitchen, but it is impossible to reach the outlet without removing (the entire?) hood…

Is it easy to do?

Important update

With the new version of the integration it has become extrmely easy to control your Novy hood. Only downside is that it would not be shown as a fan, but you can use services to send the command.

The service is rfxtrx:send
And the payloads that work for me are:
08170B010000020100: on/off toggle
08170B010000020200: increase speed
08170B010000020300: decrease speed
08170B010000020400: toggle light

1 Like

It was not THAT easy :slight_smile:
This is how I got it to work:

I’m using an RFXTRX XL and I installed firmware 1044. I also needed to enable the ‘fan’ protocol.
Using the RFXmanager I found that the commands for my Novy hood were slightly different. These work for me:

power	08170B090000000100
up 	    08170B0C0000000200
down	08170B0D0000000300
Light	08170B0E0000000400

Finally I used the Blueprint and Template from @thomas-be

The only thing missing is the Light button. I created this script and can use that to toggle the lights on/off:

alias: novy_lights
sequence:
- service: rfxtrx.send
    data:
      event: 08170B090000000400
mode: single

Good that you could make it work! Some thoughts on your experience:

• The first few steps you mention I already did before, when I used my AppDaemon app. So that’s why I did not put them in the explanation.
  • The reason your commands differ from mine is that you can “link” the hood to the remote which changes a part of the command. This is so you can use multiple hoods independently in the same home. This is why I made it configurable in the blueprint (forgot to mention that).
  • I did not add the light because my hood does not have the built-in lights. :slight_smile:

I agree, it may not be “extremely easy”, but it for sure is a lot simpler than when you had to use an AppDaemon app to communicate directly with the RFXtrx!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.
Would it be possible to add the Lights to the Blueprint?

1 Like

Would be really cool if the light would get added to the blueprint indeed.

Can anyone help with linking the command_up to a button on a remote? I obiously can send the command from the button, but that results in an out of sync with the fan template situation.

Could you send me the RAW codes?
Thx!

Anyone been able to communicate with a Novy through RFlink?

1 Like

I would like to know this too. Recently got a 6911 hood. It connects with the android app through Bluetooth. Would like to implement this in HA. I’ve installed a shelly in the powersocket, so I can detect current state by power usage.

1 Like

I just tried this; Yes the Broadlink RM Pro works. Still need to play around with the mapping of the buttons vs the several options of the hood but the Boradlink learns all the commands from the Novy remote and plays them back.

I still need to look at the broadlink integration to see if all ends up nicely in HASS

This would be a much more budget option instead of a rfx for 109 euro’s… damn thats a lot of money with probably a few euros of hardware.

Did you get it to work with a broadlink?

Did not have time yet to play more with this. Also would prefer discrete buttons/codes for on and off as it does not pass it’s state to Home assistant obviously.

Is there anyone that has a list of all RF codes? Even if they are from RFXTRX I might be able to reverse engineer this to Broadlink.

Reading the codes from the remote works fine but as the main hood light can only be toggled by the remote I have no way of knowing it is actually off

I didn’t have succes with the earlier mentioned codes. They look very similar.
Perhaps write a scipt to toggle all codes?

I have a Novy hood model 6812 and thinking also of controlling it using the Broadlink RM Pro with HA. I would really appreciate if you could share short guide on how to setup the Broadlink to make it work.

This topic isn’t for Broadcom. Please search the correct thread or open a new one.