Nuaire Mrxbox interface for home assistant

I own a nuaire mrxbox eco 2, that has the data interface for the VSC controller.

The controller has the ability to run diagnostics, monitor the fans, and control speed. All of that is very useful for creating some automations.

The VSC they sell is ridiculously overpriced and does not have a wireless interface so also pretty useless.

I was wondering if someone has some tips to reverse engineer the port to create a simple ZigBee device to monitor and control the ventilation unit.

I asked nuaire for technical docs but they refused, and I know some people are installing relays to control the boost but that’s just a fraction of what can be done through the data interface.

Just beginning to investigate this myself as I am
shortly installing a Nuaire MRXBOX MVHR.

I managed to source a cheap display from eBay that (pre HA journey) was to be mounted remotely via the EcoSmart Classic bus.

Reading up on the specs and limitations I have a strong suspicion that the bus will use some form of RS485 to communicate - from what I can see there is a +15vdc pin, a shared 0v / data ground pin and 2 data pins (Data+ and Data-). This with the 32 device limit the specs mention leads me down the path of RS485

Hope that helps. If I ever get time I’ll investigate more with an RS485 to IP box

the relay is working fine for boost control, but of course I’d love to do more, as turning it off al together, monitor actual fans RPMs etc… commenting and following this!