NUE Home Bridge (Zigbee 3.0) Support

So just a quick update on where I am at with Nue.

I have a husbzb-1 zigbee/Z-wave dongle.

I currently have all my lights working. Yesterday I paired my NUE motion sensor and tonight I paired a scene switch which comes in as a sensor (turns on and off depending on switch state)

Pretty happy as I can now put all the scene switches back in the walls to control the other end of the hallway, second side of the bedroom, etc.

Observation - the dimmer switch in home assistant is around backwards. Ie. dim is bright and bright is dim. (Shouldnā€™t be too hard to overcome).

I have also just wired back in a 2 gang scene switch. Both the single gang scene switch and the double gang scene switch register as binary_sensors.

1 Like

Thanks for the update - so with regards to the husbzb-1, did you need to use any special handlers etc for the older Nue switches especially, or was it picking these up on itā€™s own and you are just using the ZHA component?

I am just using zha. Hit the search for new devices button and they all loaded.

Iā€™m thinking about buying a couple of the Nue/3a 2 gang wall switches and am just wondering how support is for these using zigbee2mqtt?

I got my nue switches in late 2017. Trying to confirm if theyā€™ll work with the husbzb-1.

Kevin said he hasnā€™t tested conbee II :frowning:

I have a couple of NUE switches a purchased in the second half of last year.

They are working with the Conbee II USB dongle with ZHA however I do get random ā€œunavailablesā€ from both switches.

By the way the are Feibit switches https://feibit.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2700.icbuShop.88.12.464b6de7Sd57Ou

If anyone can help with what I presume is the lack of updates back to HA, which causes the unavailable, it would be much appreciated.

Regards

1 Like

So the random unavailables does it last long and does it heal. yours must be the latest versions as Iā€™m pretty sure they update them early 2018 late 2017.

I would love to know if that work I guess I can test it pretty cheaply with that USB zigbee

Hi Joel

No it is very random. Even after switching them on and off it doesnā€™t always refresh as available.

I do have a Xiaomi sensor which drops out as well however that is well known.

Jason

1 Like

Well really sounds like home assistant is not zigbee ready Iā€™d love to move across

Not so sure it is HA, maybe the switches/sensors

1 Like

Hey, can I ask what motion sensor you got to pair?

I have this one, and canā€™t seem to pair it. I have switches and power points paired fine from the same seller.

I have some of the 3a smarthome stuff.

Using ZHA with a HUSBZB-1.

Working great
Light switches - single, double, triple (though they show a dimmer slider)
Door switch - comes in as a binary_sensor

Working ok ish
Double power point - have 3, works, but come in as a light domain. 1 of them keeps dropping out, but the other two are working perfect.

Not really working
Double Scene switch - I can bind it with another switch, but both buttons do the exact same thing. I guess the single scene switch would work. I have a better solution anyway.

Not working
Motion sensor wonā€™t seem to pair

Scene switch alternative
Iā€™m just using a light switch (single double or triple) wired up to nothing, and using automation to trigger the light switch I want. Two automations in HA make both switches turn on and off regardless of which one is switched.

Iā€™m a software dev, so happy to get into this further to get stuff sorted, or get the motion sensor working, but Iā€™m also tempted to just buy motion sensors that work out of the box, and have temp other sensors as well.
Iā€™m also new to HA and home automation, so still learning.

A lot of stuff to reply to.

Light switches all work as lights using both husbzb-1; however I found they always threw errors and congested the network.

I have since moved to a Conbee II and itā€™s solid. I have 1s, 2s, 3s, dimmers (about 15 switches)

The motion sensor from 3a was rubbish. It connected with the husbzb-1 but was soooo slow and congested my network.

I have a few scene switches which worked with Husbzb-1; however, they donā€™t work with Conbee II so donā€™t bother with them.

Motion sensors I have 12, door sensors 4, temp sensors 4 all which are xiaomi and they are fantastic.

I have one philips hue indoor motion sensor, shit house (slow compared with xiaomi (1-2sec delay. It does activate more frequently though)

In my opinion, gets just the light switches and dimmers from 3a which are philips hue compatible as theyā€™re wired and relay zigbee and source everything else from another manufacturer like xiaomi.

Thanks heaps for the reply.

I guess Iā€™ll grab some xiaomi stuff and go from there.

quick question: my all house is wired with the 3a smarthouse switches and all goes via the Philips hue hub. Iā€™ve tried to do what you suggested (to setup a switch connected to nothing) and I can turn it on and off from the Philips app however when I turn it on or off manually by pressing the actual switch the switch status on the app or HA doesnā€™t change and therefore the automation doesnā€™t work. am I doing something wrong?

I have dumped any 3a switches but have kept the downlights. The switches are simply unreliable. Waiting on Kevin to get back to me.

I have the automations setup in home assistant, and it has always without fail picked up the events. My automation triggers if either the main or slave switch is turned on, and turns them both on, and likewise for off. It triggers the other switch a fraction of a second after I do one. Works perfectly triggering from the switch, or the app.

No idea about the philips hue stuff, it may work differently maybe? Do your other switches show status changes, or is it just the one connected to nothing? cause it shouldnā€™t be any different to the app if there is a load on the switch or not.

Iā€™ve had no problems with mine. Direct connected using ZHA with a HUSBZB-1 to home assistant.

What are yours doing so I can look out for it?

Randomly switching on and off. all switches on the one plate.

I have now chosen to not use smart switches. I am implementing all smart lights instead. I just leave all the switches on.

Hi @Jozlod, just got a HUSBZB-1 and have moved my switches over from Zigbee2MQTT to test this system out - so far all the switches are working we ll and are more responsive. Iā€™ve had no issues with random on/offs like @meremortal seems to so far, mine are a mixture of the first models and second.

Iā€™m also trying to get scene switches working - have had similar results as you with ZHA but did have these working (minus feedback) on Zigbee2MQTT.
Iā€™ve put in a request here GITHUB and started a sperate topic here if you wish to follow: ZHA Binding