NVM Backup and Restore to the ZST39 800 is Now Fixed!

The new release fixes the NVM backup and restore issue. I have tested this and was able to successfully migrate from the ZST10-700 Series Controller to the ZST39 800 Series Controller. Must upgrade to the following versions for this work.
zwave-js-ui: 9.9.0
zwave-js: 12.4.4

3 Likes

Thanks for posting. I’d been waiting.

2 Likes

What FW version is needed on the 800 series stick?

1 Like

I have firmware version 7.18.3 on my 700 and 7.19.3 on my 800 not sure if the fw matters it didn`t mention it on the GitHub page changleog.

1 Like

Has anyone used SILLABS Simplicity Studio to restore the bootloader and firmware to a bricked ZooZ ZST39?

If so, please elaborate the procedure.

Thanks.

Z-Wave JS UI has an option that forces the device to boot into bootloader mode so you can fix the firmware. Others where able to successfully fix their devices this way.

did you manage to unbrick the controller?
I also have a bricked one after trying NVM Restore, unfortunately starting in bootloader mode didn’t help

1 Like

Is there a guide or anything to follow in backing up/restoring the NVM? I have the latest Zwave-JS UI and it’s really unclear how to save the NVM from my 700 series to migrate to the 800.

2 Likes

In Z-Wave JS UI click the blue button in the bottom right, then click the purple button, under the NVM Management section you should see two buttons to backup and restore.

I used Firmware 7.18.3 on my 700 and 7.19.3 on my 800. I would upgrade to those first before you try to backup and restore.

20240308_173216

1 Like

I just went from a Aeotec 500 series Z-Wave controller to the ZOOZ 800 Series ZST39 LR using the NVM backup and restore method and it worked perfectly. No issues encountered. All done on the latest version of Z-Wave JS UI.

2 Likes

Having some issues, but I feel I’m very close if someone could help. I successfully migrated over to Z-Wave JS UI and with fully working entities I took an NVM backup of my 700 Series Zooz. I shut down HA, swapped USBs, went into ZW JS UI settings and selected the new 800 Stick. I did a restore and can see my devices in ZW JS UI, however HA is showing entity not available. I have restarted HA and reloaded integrations, etc. What step did I miss? Thanks!!

Edit: The entities work, but I seem to have lost all the device ID names in HA. They all reverted to their default names. So while I can control them, it broke everything in Lovelace/automations. How can I fix this? :slight_smile:

Edit 2: Resolved! Once I had the NVM restored on the 800 I just restored my last HA backup, changed the ZW JS UI settings to the new 800 Stick and everything works!

2 Likes

I only have the Z-wave JS addon, not the Zwave JS UI add on. How can I backup my ZST39 stick? Can I do that without the UI add on? I have 40+ Zwave devices on the stick and I really dont want to have to ever reconnect them again should the stick go bad or get lost somehow.

If I need the UI add on, how do I install that when I have the basic Z-wave JS add on? Can they co-exist?

Regarding my automations, is that getting backed up in my usual HA backup?

You can only backup your ZST39 in Z-Wave JS UI. You can’t run both add-ons at the same time. Only one addon can have access to the controller.

To switch to Z-Wave JS UI you need to follow this guide. Switching Z-Wave JS Addons with Minimal Downtime! Z-Wave JS (Official) to Z-Wave JS UI (Community)

Once you switch over if you want to work from the integration you can continue to do so like you would with the Z-Wave JS addon

Yes your automations are getting backed up in your HA backups. You can verify this by downloading the backup and extracting it’s files.

Ok, perfect! Thanks for the quick reply!