Octoprint host name resolution failing

octoprint:
 - host: Hevo.localhost

or

octoprint:
 - host: Hevo.asgard

No longer work. They used to. Now I get:

Endpoint: job Failed to update OctoPrint status. Error: HTTPConnectionPool(host=‘hevo.localhost’, port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/job (Caused by NewConnectionError(‘<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x72f37f10>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name does not resolve’))
Connection lost. Reconnecting…

Or

Endpoint: job Failed to update OctoPrint status. Error: HTTPConnectionPool(host=‘hevo.asgard’, port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/job (Caused by NewConnectionError(‘<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x72f37e10>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name does not resolve’))
Connection lost. Reconnecting…

My pfSense router is set up to assign DNS server 172.27.3.3 to hassio.asgard.
My local domain is .asgard
My dnsmasq on my Pi is set to foward all .localhost and .asgard domain requests to 172.27.3.1 (my pfSense router with DNS Resolver running.
My Pi-Hole (on 172.27.3.3) Logs don’t even show Hassio querying for a DNS for hevo.asgard or hevo.localhost

I saw this thread: Name resolution problem since 0.97.2 - #42 by frenck

But executing it as a shell command fails with 'No such file or directory ‘hassio’
And executing it from SSH fails with ‘dns’ invalid option.
I’m running Supervisor 200
This used to work, but lately, it has stopped and the only way I can get it to work is to hard-code the actual IP address for hevo.asgard - which it just not acceptable as it negates the whole purpose of a local DNS resolver.
Looks like the Supervisor auto updates?
How do I turn that OFF!?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

So, I upgraded EVERYTHING to the latest release, and of course, its worse now:
Developer Tools won’t load - non of them - just a blank white screen
Clicking on my Avatar Icon to change/list users just spins
And local DNS resolution still isn’t working
Fun never ends…

OK, was using OLD screen. Aparently, even after a reboot, the whole Web page does not reload and it was still on the old layout. Closed that tab and things are starting to work:
Developer Tools are available now

But now there is a HUGE gap between “Configurator” and “Developer Tools” in the sidebar - like you could fit at least 3 more menu items in there, but its all blank.

One step forward, another one back.

Still no joy with local DNS resolutions…

Ok, found out why there is this big ugly gap in the sidebar: Removing Extra Space in Sidebar

Apparently someone fell asleep during UIG (User Interface Guidelines) Class…sorry, its just UGLY

So, after a nail biting hour of updating everything and figuring out all the new issues, I revisited this thread: [solved] .97+ issues - mqtt in configuration.yaml ignored, no dns

And tried the dns command again - which of course didn’t work, but this time it was because ‘hassio’ has been strangely deprecated and replaced with ‘ha’ (just to keep things interesting, I guess) and now…It works!!

local doman names are now resolving and my octoprint container is happy…but even more important Hassio can shutdown my 3D printer (once again) in the case of a printer fault or disconnect.

Yay!

Thanks, DaHai, for all your help! :rofl:

P.S. Still don’t understand why it was working before and then all of a sudden stopped working even though I’d never touched or updated anything in Home Assistant myself. I hate auto-updates… :rage: