Official add-ons won't install

I am trying to install some of the official add-os (Like Samba share) from the Supervisor store, however, when I try to install one, I get the error
Can't install homeassistant/amd64-addon-samba:9.5.1: 500 Server Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.41/images/create?tag=9.5.1&fromImage=homeassistant%2Famd64-addon-samba: Internal Server Error ("error parsing HTTP 408 response body: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value: "<html><body><h1>408 Request Time-out</h1>\nYour browser didn't send a complete request in time.\n</body></html>\n\n"")

The community add-ons work fine, I don’t know why these aren’t

See if you can navigate here, and then try adding it manually as a new repo.

Not working so far “Invalid Add-on repository!” but I am currently using the OS now instead of Docker, the link seems to be for docker add ons

Mine does exactly the same and I am running on ubunu 20.04.5 , I know its not Debian but Debian is making it a huge pain in my arse to install so I like to stick to ubuntu

I had the same problem recently. It was an installation in a VM on HAOS.

It was a pure network problem, possibly caused by my firewall (which usually does not cause pain for dozens of other services).

When I moved the VM to a network connection that was not “secured” by the firewall, the installation worked fine. This is reproducible for a number of HA installations I have done.

Perhaps this note will help someone in the future.