Onkyo Integration

I have my pioneer set up with the Onkyo integration. I can set volume and inputs but not much else. It can provide some information that can be used in automations.
Go to the developer tools and in the states section, you can enter the name of the
device and see what info it can provide for you. I use some of the info to trigger automations in conjunction with the Harmony integration.

I don’t think @SirLouen has any remaining problems with the Onkyo integration do you?

Give the Wake on Lan Integration a try:

- platform: wake_on_lan
    name: onkyo_avr_turn_on
    host: 192.168.0.104
    mac: 00:09:B0:35:78:D0
    broadcast_address: 192.168.0.255

The solution is already in the thread.

Has something changed?
My Onkyo integration has been working well for a few years.
But after upgrading to 2023.2.0, the audio_information attribute, and video_information are no longer available?

Mine shows them. Is yours turned on?

Yes, it’s switched on and working.
Other attributes, such as mute work OK and show correct values.

Logs might tell us.

Ha, the trusty “switch it off and back on again” solution did the trick!

1 Like

hello, I’m a beginner and I’m also trying to integrate my Onkyo TX-NR636

I’ve tried integration, but I can’t do much. I’d like someone to post their config script to me.

I have the unique id problem “media_player.onkyo”) non ID univoco

i managed to do just that, but the TV doesn’t work.

this is my code insert:

media_player:
  - platform: onkyo
    host: 192.168.X.XXX
    name: Onkyo
    sources:
      tv-cd: "TV"
      video1: "ChromeCast"
      video2: "CBL/SAT"
      dvd: "Dune"
1 Like

It needs to be yaml.

I don’t understand. :thinking: I write it code in the config/configuration.yaml. Yes I know it needs to be yaml

Yaml does not use bullet points.

Z Now I understand the misunderstanding :blush:. My mistake in pasting the code here. In the configuration file I wrote like this, it seems correct to me. The TV key doesn’t work, and since this morning Nothing works anymore and the icon has changed, to indicate I think it’s not working.

I don’t understand :speak_no_evil::man_shrugging:t2:

OK when you choose TV, that means the Amp should switch to the TV input. It doesn’t turn the Television on.

What sort of Television do you have?

By the way, all I have in configuration.yaml is

media_player
  platform: onkyo

The rest is set up automatically. I get these attributes (visible in developer tools|states)

source_list:
  - TV
  - Bluray
  - Game
  - Aux1
  - Video 1
  - Video 2
  - Video 3
  - Video 4
  - Video 5
  - Video 6
  - Video 7
  - Radio
sound_mode_list:
  - Stereo
  - Direct
  - Surround
  - Film
  - Musical
  - Orchestra
  - Unplugged
  - Studio Mix
  - TV Logic
  - All channels Stereo
  - Theatrical
  - Dolby Surround
  - DTS-X
  - Neo 6 Music
friendly_name: TX-NR515_0009B0CC1B8B
supported_features: 85900

It looks like your Amp is off. Try turning it on.

1 Like

Yes, but in my configuration at home, I have a TV Samsung Hu7500 connected with my amp Onkyo 636, and when i see the TV, the signal digital TV arrive from TV and the sound go in the Onkyo.
everything has been configured like this for many years, I remember that at the beginning I had changed the display of the tv-cd source by calling it TV. It works from the remote control, but not here

Truly??? Just this code instead of my setup with multiple lines of code? And how does he find it online?

nothing appears to me

the amplifier is on, but nothing appears anymore. Maybe the problem is elsewhere, because it’s not connecting from its app either… I don’t understand why

Try:

tv: "TV"

tv-cd and tv map to different source numbers, and different models have a different array of source numbers.

sorry bro, is possible I see you in Smartthings community? :slight_smile: I arrive from there

now i try your suggestion

Edit: not work, tv-cd is correct, but not work :man_shrugging:t2::speak_no_evil:

Are you sure it is connected to your network? Try pinging it.

Yes sure, now work all: power on-off, volume, change DVD,PC,hdmi1-2-3-4 but not tv. :man_shrugging:t2:

Edit, work same time… I have a rule in SmartThings (I’m in test with Home Assistant) when my family is all out of house, turn of the socked of tv and amplifier. I think this power of stop the connection in stand by mode, and when the socket power ON Onkyo have a problem for the reconnect. Whit SmartThings I control Onkyo with IR Blaster, I haven’t problem for tourn on or off the device after the socket power on.