ONVIF Doorbell - EZViz DB1/Hikvision DS-HD1

For those who want to catch the button press; I have created a small tutorial in the past. You can find it at: Getting Ezviz DB1 (or Hikision or LaCie) doorbell presses

1 Like

I see above, mention that the IR can be controlled using Ezviz Cloud HACS. I’ve installed the EZVIZ official integration (not cloud - and I am on Core), I see the Infrared_Light entity, but when I switch it (through device controls or developer tools entity), my DB1 doesn’t seem to update, the image remains “true colour” and not “infrared”.

Does anyone have this working? I have a bright streetlight that acts as a backlight to anyone approaching the camera and want to be able to automated turning the IR on/off (since the DB1 itself won’t do this with anything other than a schedule since it see’s enough ambient light it doesn’t think the IR is needed).

With sunrise/sunset changing through the year, I’d like to automate this rather than having a set on/off time.

I just completed a detailed report on how I detected doorbell presses using a Shelly Uni powered off the existing doorbell circuit. I also include details of an investigation into the DB1/DS-HD1’s traffic (from a security perspective), a comparison of various apps, and detailed screenshots of desktop configuration and the firmware upgrade process. I posted the blog link on the forums over here (and I would welcome comments and feedback in that post):

I have EZVIZ flashed with hikvision firmware. I would like to record directly on the SD card added to the camera and access the files with HA. Do you think it’s possible to access the file system with HA/node red?

this link : New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera | Page 366 | IP Cam Talk may help in getting more info from the Ezviz DB1/Hikvision DS-HD1 Video Doorbells. may also have a way to make a custom firmware (I dont know how to) as this one company actually has provided the u-boot file for their version of the Ezviz DB1/Hikvision DS-HD1 Video Doorbells firmware called Clare Controls - Clare Video Doorbell v3.

-also-

this may also help in commands better as this is the NVR driver (for ONVIF?) for their version of the Ezviz DB1/Hikvision DS-HD1 Video Doorbell
New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera | Page 366 | IP Cam Talk