Open Hardware Monitor - sensor filter - optimistic mode

I would like to filter wich sensors the Open Hardware Monitor component monitors in Home Assistant. The component creates and logs a lot of entities, I would like to reduce this as my history tab gets very messy.

With this feature maybe it would be possible to create an “optimistic” mode. I use my server to host game servers and it gets turned off every night, when Hass restarts with the server is off is does not create the enteties. My idea of the optimistic mode is to create entities on startup, even if the OHM webserver is not available.

Did you ever figure out a way to filter out the entities being created? I have like 15-20 entities just for my CPU another 15-20 for ram another 15-20 for gpu, etc.

It seems that the main problem for being able to filter sensors is that the sensors are not given a unique ID by the integration. It doesn’t seem to be a necessary limitation: the current naming scheme for the entities, containing the name of the device and the name of the sensor provided by OHM, should be unique as long as no two devices have the same name. And even if that’s not the case, replacing the device name by the “host” variable should work.