openHASP: An MQTT driven Touchscreen / Scene controller

3 Likes

Good tip thanks, easy to miss that.

Im using latest component version. Still no relay entities in my hass. I can see mqtt msg using mqtt explorer while turning on/off internal relay via touchscreen. Do i have to create mqtt switch manually in hass?

Did you select the main option from the version drop-down menu?

The current 0.6 version should show 9997585:

i got this 9bd2ad1, yes i install from main

Commit 9bd2ad1 was 2 days ago, 9997585 was 2 hours ago.

ok. updated just now

3 entities autocreated via openhasp. do ii suppose to get automatic 3 switch entities?

You should see 5 entities. Also, the Icon of your plate is the old switch icon. The new icon should look like this:

I still think there is a version mismatch. It’s probably best to remove the device/entities, custom component and config and start fresh.

To rediscover them, currently you need to delete the plate from the integrations list, restart HA, and after that restart plate again!

tq. i started from fresh . somehow installation from HACS despite choosing "main’ as source still pull old installation. i manual copy from github and that solve the prob. tqvm!

1 Like

some manual copy with your instruction. that solve the prob, tqvm

Version 0.6.0 released, both component and firmware. If HACS prompts you to install the update, keep in mind that you also have to update the firmware!

• if you upgraded HA integration component or you modified GPIO settings while you had the plate configured in HA already you need to completely delete the plate from the integrations list page, restart both HA and the plate and let it rediscover
  • if previously, you had installed the main (development) version in HACS you will not be prompted for this release. To switch back to release channel, go to HACS > Integrations > on the openHASP pane click on the 3-dots icon > select Reinstall > choose 0.6.0 from the dropdown > Install and restart HA.
3 Likes

Hi there, where do those temperature readings at the top come from? Are they temperature readings from the device?

I can’t seem to find any mention of there being a temperature sensor on anything other than the thermostat version on the Lanbon Alibaba site :thinking:

Mentioned here openHASP

Earlier revisions V1.14 (20191203) of the PCB had an analog temperature sensor on the bottom right:

It seems that from V1.15 (20200521) it was removed, so you’re likely not to get it when buying a recent switch:

I will update the L8 page to reflect this change.

The values shown are from another temperature entity in HA, not from a sensor on the device itself.

Understood and thanks for the previous reply too. It looks like R44 is also missing on the newer unit.

It’s unfortunate that they removed the sensor, I could definitely see a use for one if the temperature reading could be reported back to Home Assistant from the Lanbon. I wonder if it’s possible to add a sensor to the newer devices.

The problem is that sensors inside a sealed box full of electronics struggle to be accurate.

1 Like

You could try, but with the moodlight LEDs and backlight so close to the sensor it won’t be anywhere near accurate
 My guess is that it’s the reason for its removal in the first place.

Therefor it’s better to get an external sernsor and show those readings on the screen.

The blakadder template page says the temp was inaccurate Lanbon L8 5 in 1 LCD Touch Switch (L8-HS) Template for Tasmota

1 Like